Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
Thanks, turrets make more sense than the caps themselves. What would you say is as good or better at the same or less price?
I don't really know your intended use or price range. But there have been many threads discussing this, and the short version is that the Razor 1-6x is definitely a good scope, but there are now several good options in the ballpark of price.

Among others I would consider the Steiner T5xi 1-5x and the Leupold VX-6 1-6x. I've owned the latter, and thought it was as good or better optically vs. the Razor, and it weighs about half as much and costs less.

Another option, which some might laugh at, is the current Burris XTRII 1-5x. Yeah, yeah, Philippines and all that. I owned it simultaneously with the Razor and a Mark 6, and I still own the Burris. I'm not saying it's 100% as good, but it's 90-95% as good for less than half the cost. They are currently $460 at Natchez, and if you don't need 6x or whatever incremental benefit the >$1k scopes have, it's a steal. (Before someone lectures me on theoretical durability comparisons, I have switched to Trijicon ACOGs on my "it must work" carbines, based on my personal use.)