Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Edge Polygonal Rifling

Feedback Score

Single Edge Polygonal Rifling

Has anyone heard of this? I came across this looking at Triarc's barrels. It sounds like it has the same benefits of 5r/ polygonal rifling. Basically, each land has a straight edge and then a smooth or polygonal edge . It like a mix between conventional and polygonal rifling. The benefits are it provides increased bullet accuracy, less deformation, less friction and a tighter gas seal with increased barrel life. I assume it would also have the benefit of less barrel fouling. The actual patent on this is fairly recent belonging to a guy with the last name of Feddersen who is a renowned competition shooter. Theoretically, does this offer a benefit over polygonal/5r rifling? This rifling setup seems really interesting and not too common.
    Last edited by Skeeter98; 10-08-18 at 01:45.

Feedback Score
    I would be shocked if people realized a benefit in an AR barrel.
    Having never shot out an AR barrel, im curious how rifling extends barrel life.

Its an interesting concept, and would try it out, but I wouldnt pay much extra for it.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-08-18 at 07:46.

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised that is patentable. That's just a minor rehash of ratchet rifling that has been around since the 1800s. I doubt it has any advantage over ratchet rifling where the root of one land starts at the terminus of the preceding. I don't think it is bad, just not of advantage.

I personally like ratchet rifling. I think it exposes fewer land corners to potentially chip off in the throat, prematurely destroying accuracy.
    british_riflingB.jpg
    Last edited by HelloLarry; 10-08-18 at 08:22.

Feedback Score
    Rev arms was doing this 2-3 years ago but went under. They had stupid accurate barrels and they were getting better muzzle velocities. It’s similar to having a noveske stainless barrel.i have a buddy that got a 12.5 from them and he says it’s lights out accurate and has muzzle velocity of a 14.5

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got a Triarc 12.5 on a pistol setup. Still need to run chrony on it. Anyone have specific ammo they are curious about velocities?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    I got a Triarc 12.5 on a pistol setup. Still need to run chrony on it. Anyone have specific ammo they are curious about velocities?
    Fusion MSR, please. Also M855, MK262, and M855a1 if you have it. I’ll be happy if you just test Fusion MSR.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Fusion MSR, please. Also M855, MK262, and M855a1 if you have it. I’ll be happy if you just test Fusion MSR.
    I have none of those except for black hills 77gr otm
    M193 imi, magtech 62gr, Speer gold dot , wolf gold 55gr, sb 55gr

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think a Gold Dot test would be good info. 77 and 62 perhaps? I'm also interested in the Wolf Gold velocity from that barrel.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Pm me your address. I’ll send you some ammo, if you’ll chrono it. Might be a week or so for me to get to the UPS Store. We are talking about a Triarc Track 2.0, correct?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yes I have a 12.5 triarc track 2.0 barrel
    Built on a San tan billet set

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast