Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Edge Polygonal Rifling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I purchased this in June
    I don’t see a 12.5 on their site anymore?
    I never could get a reply to my emails from them

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just put together an AR using a midlenth gas system 12.5" Triarc 2.0 and am very pleased with the results. It seems to prefer 69gr, 75gr, and 77gr and I shot several 10 shot groups that hovered between .5" and .75" at 50 yards (where it is zeroed). I had planned on chronographing it when I went to shoot 100 and 200, but the rain came in and put a stop to that for the time being. From what I have heard the Triarc barrels are pretty fast and will shoot around the same speeds as some traditional 14.5" barrels. If they are not on the website they may be out of stock. They have been busy building rifles for several PD's and SWAT teams. You may have better luck just calling them during business hours.
    Last edited by Jeepman1320; 10-12-18 at 16:23.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ll be interested to see how velocities in this barrel compares to others with familiar ammo. I’ve been eyeing Triarc for a couple months, completely unaware of them before that.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    GarandThumb did a review of their 1911 9mm recently. Given the purported quality of that pistol, I’d be interested to see how one of their barrels performed. I’ll have to ask if they do do a lighter contour though. I’ll report back what they say on that contour. I’m intrigued about the possible rifling accuracy benefits. Their barrel is reasonable as it’s leff than a BCM BFH barrel and on par with other high quality barrels.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    GarandThumb did a review of their 1911 9mm recently. Given the purported quality of that pistol, I’d be interested to see how one of their barrels performed. I’ll have to ask if they do do a lighter contour though. I’ll report back what they say on that contour. I’m intrigued about the possible rifling accuracy benefits. Their barrel is reasonable as it’s leff than a BCM BFH barrel and on par with other high quality barrels.
    GarandThumb also did a review on one of their rifles. If memory serves, he said he shot very accurately with it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    GarandThumb also did a review on one of their rifles. If memory serves, he said he shot very accurately with it.
    Correct. I don’t remember hearing him say how many rounds he had through it though. And I wish he would actually shoot a few groups like MrG&G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    I missed that. I’ll have to go look for it.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I looked at the Triarc barrels. Now I have a question...which would be better, a BCM BFH 11.5 or a Triarc 11.5 suppressed only SEP barrel? No real dog in the fight here. The BCM is more expensive but is that better? I have it built but haven’t printed it yet. The Triarc guy claim their barrel is 1MOA and the most other CHF barrels are good but 2MOA all day long. Experience? Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    I looked at the Triarc barrels. Now I have a question...which would be better, a BCM BFH 11.5 or a Triarc 11.5 suppressed only SEP barrel? No real dog in the fight here. The BCM is more expensive but is that better? I have it built but haven’t printed it yet. The Triarc guy claim their barrel is 1MOA and the most other CHF barrels are good but 2MOA all day long. Experience? Thoughts?
    If you plan on an 11.5" to be run suppressed you should take a look at the Sionics Reduced Gas Port and Extreme Reduced Gas Port barrels.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a BCM BFH. I’ve looked at the Sionics. It’s a very nice barrel. My comparison was more about the SEP rifling as a new concept vs “the best suppressed only barrel”. I’m not looking for a new barrel per se. I’m moreover asking a comparative question of those with experience.

There has been much discussion and it has been well established that the Sionics RGP is an excellent barrel. It’s not the topic of discussion in this thread that’s why I didn’t mention it or put up a poll. I appreciate your recommendation of the Sionics barrel.

My question still stands for those with experience with SEP barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast