Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PX4 CC vs CZ P07?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

PX4 CC vs CZ P07?

I've been contemplating getting a DA/SA for a while, and I would like a new carry gun to sub in for my Shield. I've been reading good things about both the. Beretta PX4 CC and the CZ P07. Is there likely to be a clear winner between these two options? Does anyone own both that could compare how concealable and controllable they are, reliability, etc? Unfortunately I'm not in a position to test fire either before purchase.

Thanks for any thoughts -
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Very little experience with the Px4, but some with the P-07. I like the P-07 and I would be happy to pick one up eventually.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Oh boy, you just stepped into my head !

I'm a huge fan of the P07 since I read and watched all those videos by Mr. Mike Pannone. Since 2014, the 07 has been my favorite non 1911 handgun, I like it even more than my beloved M&P, and I have two M&Ps plus a Shield. I bought the 07 used for $375 and it's the best $375 I've ever spent on a gun. I put a tritium front sight on and installed the Cajun reduced power hammer spring. The DA pull is around 8 lb and very smooth. I've shot it in a training class, in front of Mr. Ernest Langdon, the Beretta guy himself. He was surprised. The gun is extremely accurate for a short gun and so far is completely reliable with all kind of ammo. The recoil is mild and follow up shots were easy. I'm a big fan of the DA/SA platform. Prior to the 07, I've shot a lot of Berettas (Vertec, Centurion, G-SD and a Wilson Brigadier Tactical). The cheap 07 impresses me as much as any of the higher priced Beretta.

So back to Ernest Langdon, we know that he is the spear head behind the PX4CC and also the full size PX4. He showed me the prototype PX4CC that was his personal carry gun and I was impressed. I'm cheap, so I wanted to convert a regular PX4 Compact to something as close to the CC as possible. I stumbled on a factory G model PX4 Compact for really good price, it had never been shot by the first owner. It did not have the night sight as the CC nor the stealth decocker. But I actually like the factory decocker, I find the stealth lever too thin for me to activate consistently. I ordered LTT's 12 lb hammer spring and also Talon Grip stickers. Everything is pretty much ready for the head to head show down between the CC and the 07, I even threw in the M&P Compact 2.0 and a ghost Glock 19 in the test.

In the time span of 3 months, I shot standard drills such as the El Prez, Bill Drill, Hackathorn Wizard Drill, Vickers Test, Wilson 5x5, Dave Spaulding's many drills. After the brass settled, I was surprised and disappointed at the same time. The gun that I shot the best overall and consistently was the P07, second place was the stock M&P 2.0 Compact. The PX4 G compact was pretty much tied with the pretty much stock ghost G19 (factory glock internal parts). The PX4 was very accurate when slow fired, it was accurate as the 07 and M&P. The recoil was very soft due to the rotating barrel system. But when I was shooting timed drills, the PX4 fell behind quickly in the accuracy area. I was not doing something right with the trigger (DA or SA), I was snatching the trigger. One might say, if you snatch the trigger on one gun, you're snatching them all. Not this time, I didn't snatch the 07 and M&P. I tried to like the PX4 but in the end I wasn't one with it. I traded it for a lawn mower and cash.

I'm sure others may differ, the above was my experience.

Picture from one of the sessions, no M&P on that trip.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You might want to go over to pistol forum.com and under the semi auto forum look for a 41 page thread titled "New P07=Mind Blown" it seems that the P07-09 pistols have a flaw where one can make tbe hammer drop to half cock when the trigger is pulled, CGW is curently working on a fix, and so far, CZ has ingnored the problem altogether.. I recently bought P07, and after finding this out, I sidlined my pistol to range duty only, I myself haven't been able to replicate the issue with my pistol, but from what I've read, some do it, some don't. When CGW went through about 10 stock 07/09's they had on the shelf, 7 out of 10 did it.. I'm not trying to alarm people, but you should go over to pistol forum.com and find that thread, and make up your own mind.. Myself I think this is a serious issue.. Until a fix is available, the CZ 09/07 should'nt be seriously considered as a CCW...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    I am a huge Beretta fan.

But not a huge PX4 fan.

EL made the compact have a little moment of interest because for a little while based on rules and a parts swap it was the largest, softest shooting gun in one division of one shooting sport.

I have gone into depth on the PX series before.

There are a lot of options for a compact carry gun with a safety/decocker. Hammer fired or striker. Metal framed or polymer.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I am a huge Beretta fan.

But not a huge PX4 fan.

EL made the compact have a little moment of interest because for a little while based on rules and a parts swap it was the largest, softest shooting gun in one division of one shooting sport.

I have gone into depth on the PX series before.

There are a lot of options for a compact carry gun with a safety/decocker. Hammer fired or striker. Metal framed or polymer.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I shot a .40 PX4 about 2-3 years ago and liked it. Very interesting recoil impulse.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hmm. That P07 malfunction is disconcerting, so it falls off the list. And I'm not hearing a ton of support on the PX4, which is expensive enough that I'm probably not willing to dabble in the mixed reviews.

What other reasonably priced, high quality options am I overlooking in the polymer 9mm DA/SA decock only world?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Oh boy, you just stepped into my head !

I'm a huge fan of the P07 since I read and watched all those videos by Mr. Mike Pannone. Since 2014, the 07 has been my favorite non 1911 handgun, I like it even more than my beloved M&P, and I have two M&Ps plus a Shield. I bought the 07 used for $375 and it's the best $375 I've ever spent on a gun. I put a tritium front sight on and installed the Cajun reduced power hammer spring. The DA pull is around 8 lb and very smooth. I've shot it in a training class, in front of Mr. Ernest Langdon, the Beretta guy himself. He was surprised. The gun is extremely accurate for a short gun and so far is completely reliable with all kind of ammo. The recoil is mild and follow up shots were easy. I'm a big fan of the DA/SA platform. Prior to the 07, I've shot a lot of Berettas (Vertec, Centurion, G-SD and a Wilson Brigadier Tactical). The cheap 07 impresses me as much as any of the higher priced Beretta.

So back to Ernest Langdon, we know that he is the spear head behind the PX4CC and also the full size PX4. He showed me the prototype PX4CC that was his personal carry gun and I was impressed. I'm cheap, so I wanted to convert a regular PX4 Compact to something as close to the CC as possible. I stumbled on a factory G model PX4 Compact for really good price, it had never been shot by the first owner. It did not have the night sight as the CC nor the stealth decocker. But I actually like the factory decocker, I find the stealth lever too thin for me to activate consistently. I ordered LTT's 12 lb hammer spring and also Talon Grip stickers. Everything is pretty much ready for the head to head show down between the CC and the 07, I even threw in the M&P Compact 2.0 and a ghost Glock 19 in the test.

In the time span of 3 months, I shot standard drills such as the El Prez, Bill Drill, Hackathorn Wizard Drill, Vickers Test, Wilson 5x5, Dave Spaulding's many drills. After the brass settled, I was surprised and disappointed at the same time. The gun that I shot the best overall and consistently was the P07, second place was the stock M&P 2.0 Compact. The PX4 G compact was pretty much tied with the pretty much stock ghost G19 (factory glock internal parts). The PX4 was very accurate when slow fired, it was accurate as the 07 and M&P. The recoil was very soft due to the rotating barrel system. But when I was shooting timed drills, the PX4 fell behind quickly in the accuracy area. I was not doing something right with the trigger (DA or SA), I was snatching the trigger. One might say, if you snatch the trigger on one gun, you're snatching them all. Not this time, I didn't snatch the 07 and M&P. I tried to like the PX4 but in the end I wasn't one with it. I traded it for a lawn mower and cash.

I'm sure others may differ, the above was my experience.

Picture from one of the sessions, no M&P on that trip.

Thanks for the info and pictures! Very helpful.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyPistolero View Post

What other reasonably priced, high quality options am I overlooking in the polymer 9mm DA/SA decock only world?
    HK P2000, HK P30 are two that came to mind. I'm sure there maybe a few more.

As for the reported failure in the 07, mine is running good, I have at least 4000 rounds through it. It may not sound much, but it's been tested. I have heard of the trigger return spring break with high round count, I'll deal with it if it does break. And if it does break, I have other guns to shoot, it's not the only gun.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast