G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 Rockcastle Run N Gun 5k & 10k: March 16-17, Park City, KY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am pleased to announce Resiliency Outreach, Inc. will have three shooters running with the Staff on Friday, and CEO and former 5th Special Forces Group Sergeant Pat Russell will be on hand to talk about his various projects helping veterans on Saturday and Sunday.

Money is always appreciated, but there are many other ways you can help if you want to get involved. Check out https://resiliencyoutreach.org/ for more information.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some of you planning ahead and paying attention noticed a small blurb in the Course of Fire (downloadable on the Practiscore match page): "Get yourself and all your gear over a 6’ high wall" and had some questions and concerns. I'm posting here to make it fair for everyone.

Yes, there will be a 6' high wall. Getting over a wall is a very real-world applicable skill and is something I definitely want to test. It will be vertical - no angles. It will have NO ropes, steps, handholds, etc. - it's just a wall. It will be 8' wide to allow more than one competitor to go over it at a time. But still - if you're struggling with the wall and another competitor comes up behind you, give them some room and learn from how they get over - then copy them!

There is no "bypass" or "take the penalty and go on" provision for this or any other obstacle. You must complete it in order to continue. My ROs on-site have the authority to modify the challenge on a case by case basis as necessary - but only in very extreme situations (such as if a competitor has no arms).

Make plans to figure out a way to do this, using only the gear you carry and your body itself. You are more than welcome to use a ladder - but you have to carry that ladder throughout the entire course! My hope is that everyone easily flies over the 6' wall this year, and we raise it to an 8' wall next year.

Here are some good examples for techniques you might want to try:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tactical Tailor committed to send $500 worth of gear to be an obstacle sponsor - but then actually sent me almost $1,300 worth of gear. So I'm bumping them up to a full Stage Sponsor, of course! They sent 3 each of their covert rifle cases, shooters mats, and gym bags - and they look to be super high quality! Be sure to thank them and don't forget to look to them if you need any great RNG gear.

https://www.tacticaltailor.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123