Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2019 Rockcastle Run N Gun 5k & 10k: March 16-17, Park City, KY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    More pics: these come from Megan Dudley, wife of match winner Logan Dudley. As before, feel free to use them but please credit Megan when you do.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mmdudl...o0AvKo6W5ENbeA

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    With all the gear he had, I thought he was running combat class. He said he grossly over estimated the amount of ammo he needed. Glad you guys got him in together.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    With all the gear he had, I thought he was running combat class. He said he grossly over estimated the amount of ammo he needed. Glad you guys got him in together.
    Yep. We try extra hard to be sure the first-time RNGers have a good time!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's the official compilation video of the 2019 Rockcastle Run N Gun 5k & 10k. Share it with your friends and family to give them a 4 1/2 minute glimpse at the awesomeness you accomplished last weekend, to try to talk someone new into trying it next year, or to give our sponsors some well-deserved love.

Big thanks to Rockcastle Shooting Center, Nosler, Tactical Tailor, Magpul Industries Corp., Samson Manufacturing, Dillon Precision Products, Inc, Vortex Optics, and Hornady.

Photos by Lisa Stennett and Megan Dudley. Music by Steve Vai.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Holy cow, he wasn't running combat class?

I saw him sitting around before his run, now wish I'd had a chance to help him pare down his gear a bit.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    We walked with him as we crossed the golf course. I was busting my buddy, said here is some of your competition. Asked if he was running combat class as well and he said no. He had 150 rds on him and I think that was just in rifle. Atleast he has a huge smile on his face finally being done and having completed the course.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This will be my last post on this match and I'll let it die a good death:

One of my measurements to see if the match had an appropriate difficulty level is what I call the "DNF Rate" - in other words, how many people could not finish each stage in the required 3 minute par time. If everyone finishes every stage, the match is probably too easy. A 50% DNF rate for a single stage is not a deal-breaker, but a 70% DNF rate means the stage is too hard. And if we have MANY stages with a high DNF rate, that means the overall difficulty level is too high.

The graphs below look at this in two different ways. The top graph shows me how many people DNF'd each stage (for example, 38% of the 5k competitors could not complete The Rifleman stage). The bottom graph shows me how many people had multiple DNF's (for example, 22% of the 10k competitors finished the match with only one DNF).

I am happy to report NOT ONE SINGLE COMPETITOR DNF'd every single stage of their match. Sometimes that happens, and it's never fun.

So overall, I think this was about the right difficulty - or maybe a smidge on the "too easy" side. I was a little surprised that The Rifleman is still the most DNF'd stage we have - that tells me I need to leave it in there awhile yet. :-)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Time to move the traffic over to the legion thread. Only 6 months to train for high heat and thick muggy air.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Time to move the traffic over to the legion thread. Only 6 months to train for high heat and thick muggy air.
    Muggy? In Kentucky???

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456