Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defects on KAC micro front sights?

Feedback Score

Defects on KAC micro front sights?

Ordered a KAC micro front sight from brownells and noticed that the front sight post has noticeable play in all directions.
    Contacted KAC and they sent me a complete replacement in less than 2 weeks, and again the sight has the exact same forward and side to side play.

I'm in no place to question KAC's quality but it seems that in a sighting system, tighter tolerances would be expected.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have no objective way of demonstrating that its affecting POI so It may very well be a non issue, but it still seems like it should not be
    occurring in sight that costs as much as these do..

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Did the front sight have play when attached to the handguard? Does the front sight have play when collapsed or flipped up?

Feedback Score
    The front sight post has play regardless of being up or down or attached on the hand guard.
    When the elevation knob is adjusted all the way down it minimizes the play.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    When you say play... That means where exactly? The site is moving in the pic slot on your rail? If so, what rail? And if not there, I dont know where it would be. It's a tight system that flips up and down and no movement to be had anywhere else.

Just noticed you now said front sight POST...
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 10-09-18 at 16:28.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    The post itself is just a threaded part that moves up and down. All of mine have slight wiggle to them.

Non issue on the many, many rifles I have them on. Your good. Don't worry about it.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Yeah it's the post, the actual locking interface between the sight base and rail is fine.

Thanks for the input, and yeah in reality it probably makes a negligible difference in accuracy.
    Otherwise I love the design of the micros, you just tend to expect better from KAC.
    Last edited by 5.56Capital; 10-09-18 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I have the M4- part #99051 model, I know KAC has 2 models of front flip up sights. The M4 sight does not lock in the up or down position, simply flips up and down. I don't have "play" in mine like wiggles around or easily moves around but does easily move.

Feedback Score
    I have the # KM25654 micro which has the thinner post and overall smaller profile.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have very minor play in two sets of KAC front and rear sights which I doubt has any practical effect on accuracy.

That said, I have many sets of Magpul Pro BUIS with relatively no play in them.

I too expected more from KAC but it doesn't really matter to me much.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve seen multiple threads about KAC sights having play. For $150 that’s unacceptable to me whether or not it has any noticeable effect. Not when mbus pros are half the price

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast