Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympic arms police trade in

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    To the OP: Since you already bought it, there isn't much else to do besides shoot the crap out of it, and then let us know how it does.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 10-10-18 at 00:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a bunch of them around me that came in as patrol rifle programs stood up. Combinations of staking, reaming, parts replacement, or reassembly kept them going. I don't see more than a few anymore. During the AWB Oly shipped to price points, schedules, and feature combinations many others didn't. They sold a lot of guns.

OP, there are threads here with guidance on getting guns up to par. One example:

"Oh No! I bought a BM/RRA/Stag before I knew better!"
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...w-better!-quot
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Weren't all non-nurtured AR variants produced during the AWB "roll marked restricted"?

NYH1.
    Yes, or at least were supposed to be.

Never have understood the fascination with that either. People that were the opponents of folks packing Kar 98 k's and Arisakas back in the 40's typically ground the eagles and mums off after gaining possession of them in a similar fashion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    During the AWB Oly shipped to price points, schedules, and feature combinations many others didn't. They sold a lot of guns.
    A lot of people forget that until 10 years ago or so there wasn't the huge aftermarket there is now and even fewer factory options. Colt's shenanigans during that time frame....proprietary parts that didn't add performance and the smart gun crap....wasn't exactly endearing either.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-10-18 at 09:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    A lot of people forget that until 10 years ago or so there wasn't the huge aftermarket gadgets there is now and even fewer factory options. Colt's shenanigans during that time frame....proprietary parts that didn't add performance and the smart gun crap....wasn't exactly endearing either.
    It's true. A lot of people despised Colt to the point of wanting ANY brand but Colt back in the day. This is where all the "brand X is better than Colt" nonsense started. People had not become sophisticated in their knowledge of AR's enough to know that there were actual differences in quality that could be quantified by material specs and testing.

Surprisingly, people would put up with less than stellar reliability from lower tier brands as well. The myth of the AR platform being inherently unreliable was perpetuated by the indifferent manufacturing standards of the non-Colt makers in those days. It wasn't until competition and training made people demand better weapons that you saw the LMT's, BCM's, etc. come along. I also believe veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars upped the ante that led to better quality. They came back home to unreliable store bought weapons and were dissatisfied with their performance relative to what they had been issued on duty. Just MHO, but I think we would still have nearly every brand being crappy if not for the scores of veterans purchasing AR's after their tours ended.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    The myth of the AR platform being inherently unreliable was perpetuated by the indifferent manufacturing standards of the non-Colt makers in those days.
    Those were insane days in retrospect. It was pretty much Colt, Bushy, and Oly. Bushy being mediocre, and Oly being total garbage. Then you got DPMS junk as an alternative, etc... all those bad choices led to that bad notion that the AR was less than reliable... and the icing on the crap cake..... PISTON ARS!!!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I had a bunch of them around me that came in as patrol rifle programs stood up. Combinations of staking, reaming, parts replacement, or reassembly kept them going. I don't see more than a few anymore. During the AWB Oly shipped to price points, schedules, and feature combinations many others didn't. They sold a lot of guns.

OP, there are threads here with guidance on getting guns up to par. One example:

"Oh No! I bought a BM/RRA/Stag before I knew better!"
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...w-better!-quot
    Thanks I recall that thread now. I should have clarified in my original post that this was just a novelty purchase for less than $400 just to get something that was related to my home city.

My other rifles and sbrs are Noveskes, colt, bcm, and Daniel defense and they obviously take priority in the rotation. I’ll take the feedback provided and, at some point, replace the lower parts and buy another upper for it. I’ve tried a 6920 upper on it and it goes together just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Those were insane days in retrospect. It was pretty much Colt, Bushy, and Oly. Bushy being mediocre, and Oly being total garbage. Then you got DPMS junk as an alternative, etc... all those bad choices led to that bad notion that the AR was less than reliable... and the icing on the crap cake..... PISTON ARS!!!!
    Yeah I made a habit back in those days of buying Bushie rifles, selling the uppers and putting Colt uppers on Bushie lowers. I really despised Colt for all their lower shenanigans but really liked their uppers, bout all you had to do sometimes is replace the carrier with an M16. My only Oly experience was a sample of one with heavy target barrel, I tried around 6 M16A1 uppers and not one would fit, sold that POS and was never tempted by them again.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Yeah I made a habit back in those days of buying Bushie rifles, selling the uppers and putting Colt uppers on Bushie lowers. I really despised Colt for all their lower shenanigans but really liked their uppers, bout all you had to do sometimes is replace the carrier with an M16. My only Oly experience was a sample of one with heavy target barrel, I tried around 6 M16A1 uppers and not one would fit, sold that POS and was never tempted by them again.
    These young buckaroos have it too easy. Buy a BCM, DD, Sionics, Colt, etc. And just start decorating it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Edit: Nevermind, it was a somewhat redundant post.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 10-10-18 at 15:27.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12