Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Defects on KAC micro front sights?

Feedback Score
    KAC didnt mention any information on the sight I sent in, they just sent me another one that was the exact same. I Know they have more important things
    to be doing than sending me technical information on a sight.

One possible explanation could be the post is designed to be loose ( for whatever reason), however its seated in a manner where it will self center on its own.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm sure Failure2Stop will set it straight when he sees this thread.

To the best of my knowledge, there might be a small amount of play but there shouldn't be a large amount of wobble.

Also, there are counterfeit products out there and one scam that happens frequently is that someone will buy the real deal from a good company and initiate a return. The scammer will then substitute the original (legit) item for an airsoft or knockoff in the original packaging when returned to the vendor. The vendor will restock the item and eventually ship it to someone else. I'm not saying that's what happened in your case but it's a possibility. Good luck.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I'm sure Failure2Stop will set it straight when he sees this thread.

To the best of my knowledge, there might be a small amount of play but there shouldn't be a large amount of wobble.

Also, there are counterfeit products out there and one scam that happens frequently is that someone will buy the real deal from a good company and initiate a return. The scammer will then substitute the original (legit) item for an airsoft or knockoff in the original packaging when returned to the vendor. The vendor will restock the item and eventually ship it to someone else. I'm not saying that's what happened in your case but it's a possibility. Good luck.
    Yeah I can see that as a possibility, although in this case the replica would have to make through 1) reputable vendor 2)KAC themselves.

From the various people who have mentioned their experience with the front sights in this thread, it's most likely not a functionality issue.
    For the sake of my OCD I'm going to switch to the DD fixed front and keep the KAC rear.
    Last edited by 5.56Capital; 10-10-18 at 21:01.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Capital View Post
    Yeah I can see that as a possibility, although in this case the replica would have to make through 1) reputable vendor 2)KAC themselves.

From the various people who have mentioned their experience with the front sights, it's most likely not a functionality issue.
    For the sake of my OCD I'm going to switch to the DD fixed front and keep the KAC rear.
    No. This happens all the time. A few years ago there were a bunch of fake Eotech 512s, sold by Amazon. Someone buys the item then initiates a return. They place a counterfeit item in the original packaging and return it. Warehouse dude puts it on the shelf. Eventually a customer orders one and gets the counterfeit.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    No. This happens all the time. A few years ago there were a bunch of fake Eotech 512s, sold by Amazon. Someone buys the item then initiates a return. They place a counterfeit item in the original packaging and return it. Warehouse dude puts it on the shelf. Eventually a customer orders one and gets the counterfeit.
    wow, they must really be putting some effort into reps...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seen similar a few times perusing the Bargain Cave at Cabela's. Midwest Industries packaging indicating a Keymod rail, rail wasn't MI or Keymod was one. Seems like another was an aftermarket part package usually considered an upgrade with the take off part inside...like a MIAD package with A2 grip inside kind of thing.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-10-18 at 21:33.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123