Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Defects on KAC micro front sights?

Feedback Score
    I've handled multiple "premium" steel BUIS whether they are the magpul pros or midwest ind. and they all had no movement just like the standard A2 FSP.
    I went with KAC because of the style of elevation adjustments on the rears and "finer" post on the front.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Capital View Post
    I've handled multiple "premium" steel BUIS whether they are the magpul pros or midwest ind. and they all had no movement just like the standard A2 FSP.
    I went with KAC because of the style of elevation adjustments on the rears and "finer" post on the front.
    Have you ever thought that KAC builds stuff designed to be used in combat under conditions that may not play well with a tight hinge?? It's a backup sight.. Don't worry about it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Have you ever thought that KAC builds stuff designed to be used in combat under conditions that may not play well with a tight hinge?? It's a backup sight.. Don't worry about it.
    No hinge in the front sight post.

Does it snap back to vertical or stay leaning when it wiggles?

Feedback Score
    I have two sets, one came on my KAC mod 1 and the other I purchased as a set. Both have play in the front sight as described above; however, I never noticed it having any real world effect on accuracy. I have actually had more accurate groups running those than an old T1 micro (4 moa) I had.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post

Yeah I figured KAC was in that line of work.
    However I never mentioned anything about a hinge or any issues with the folding mechanism, only that the actual sight post itself wobbles with ease.
    Last edited by 5.56Capital; 10-10-18 at 12:33.

Feedback Score
    duplicate
    Last edited by 5.56Capital; 10-10-18 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    I have two sets, one came on my KAC mod 1 and the other I purchased as a set. Both have play in the front sight as described above; however, I never noticed it having any real world effect on accuracy. I have actually had more accurate groups running those than an old T1 micro (4 moa) I had.
    In the grand scheme of things it might not make a measurable difference which is true in your experience, just didn't expect it from a universally known top tier company.
    I think most would agree that a loose front sight post on any firearm they own is probably not ideal.

These sights were set up on an iron only rifle,
    so I think I'm going to return the sight and just get a full set of fixed DD sights and be done with it.

I do love the mirco rears and will move it a 6920.

Feedback Score
    Pretty sure its not defect...I have around 10 pairs of Kac BUIS (all my ARs have them)and I believe all have a little play. Its normal. Have been using Kac BUIS for years... Ive owned / used all the aforementioned sights on too of many others and none have compared to the quality and accuracy of the Kacs. Our military uses a bunch of them and they beat the shit out of stuff if it makes you feel any better.

Feedback Score
    Maybe someone should call KAC and ask. Maybe its designed like that for a reason.

Feedback Score
    I think it’s pretty obvious that it moves because the adjustment method is quite different than a standard FSB sight post. KAC sights are some of the best in the world. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast