Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: B&T MP9 Full Auto Submachine Gun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Out of curiosity what are the requirements/timeframe to get “collector” status is Switzerland? Do you need permits to shoot with suppressor as well? I’m more curious about approval times for each item.
    You only need a shooting permit for full-auto firearms. For shooting suppressed or with lasers, there are no restrictions as long as you shoot in an official shooting range and the range owner is cool with that. While transporting the suppressor and/or laser to the range, it has to be dismounted from the gun. That's all.

I can't tell you how long it exactly takes. It differs from State to State (State = Kanton in Switzerland) and from person to person. Special authorisation permits get approved by the state police department of the state you live in and the police department decides on it's own, if you get special authorisation permits approved, or not. There are different requirements in every "Kanton" which you first have to meet, before they even check your application for a special authorisation permit. But even if you meet their requirements and even if you are an official firearms collector, doesn't mean, that they have to approve special authorisation permits to you.

These permits are only given to the collectors in which they trust. But once you get your first special authorisation permit, you will get everything you want to get approved. But you also have to find a distributor who sells it. But our Firearms distributors always have cool stuff in their shops lol. In Switzerland you can also buy Glock 18's directly from Glock. The only downside is, that you always need a shooting permit for full auto firearms. Except that, we have awesome Gun Laws here in Switzerland.

Special authorisation permits for full-auto guns cost 150 bucks and special authorisation permits for suppressors/lasers cost 100 bucks. When you got your first Special authorisation permit approved (the first one takes about 5-10 days), it takes about 4-6 days, to get the following ones approved. For example, when I send in the paperwork on Monday, I'll get the special authorisation permit on Friday or on the next Monday/Tuesday. You can apply for 1 full-auto firearm, 1 Suppressor and 1 laser at once.
    Last edited by swis_tac_life; 10-12-18 at 03:28.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thats really neat. Your suppressors/full auto/short barrel seem WAYYYYY easier and cheaper to get compared to the good ol’ USA. Have the EU sanctions been implemented yet? How/what do they affect? Are “collectors” immune from that?

Feedback Score
    In Switzerland we don't hava any restrictions on barrel length's. A firearm is a firearm and either you get it approved or not. I'm glad, that we don't have that SBR crap here lol.

No the EU sanctions haven't been implemented yet. Because we have a direct democracy in Switzerland, we can maybe prohibit these sanctions if the majority votes against these sanctions. The good thing about it is that collectors like me wouldn't be affected by these sanctions anyway. Only the regular gun owner and sport shooter would be affected. But that's a bad thing and I hope the swiss people say no to that bullcrap!
    Last edited by swis_tac_life; 10-12-18 at 04:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by swis_tac_life View Post
    Jer:

This Austrian SMG "with lipstick" - as you call it - is in use as the chosen PDW for protecting the Ex French President as well as the actual French President (the small guy in the middle is Ex President Hollande). Here you can see the French Secret Service using the B&T MP9:

In the most of my comments of how the MP9 stacks up against the MP5 etc. I said that it is a PDW. So I don't know how you were able to miss my words in your bullcrapy comment. When the President of one of the richest countries world wide ist protected by the MP9 and not by a Scorpion, what does that tell you? That you know better then the French Secret Service (or pretty every Secret Service worldwide), many military's and SWAT Teams around the globe lol? Actually you seem to just be a troll to me.

You also only talk about the TP9 which I wouldn't buy because a semi auto 9mm pistol is useless next to a Glock in my opinion (if you want a semi auto 9mm - get yourself a Glock and put a stock on it, if you need one). The one I own and the one I'm talking about here, is the full auto MP9 which costs twice as much as the regular TP9 semi pistol. A new MP9 from the B&T factory costs 3000 Bucks in Switzerland. The one I own was like brand new and still had the factory lubricant on it and I only paid 800 bucks for it at my local firearms distributor because it is an Ex SWAT ("KSK" in Switzerland) firearm. And my MP9 has no cross block safety by the way. The safety is like the safety selector of the AR15 platform (look at my pictures please) and the ergos are perfect in my opinion. Handling it is awesome and everything is where it should be. You also talk the whole time about the pricing. The Scorpion Evo 3 costs more then a TP9 in Switzerland (the same with mags) so the pricing is actually no argument for me.

But anyway. I also shot the Scorpion Evo 3 of a friend of mine (I also shot it suppressed) and it really is a good firearm and it feels solid. But The MP9 has just much more benefits and shooting it even feels better to me. Because the original B&T MP9 is not available in the US (and will likely never be) you will never be able to see it or touch it, so how the heck can you tell the Scorpion Evo (semi auto) would be better then the full auto MP9? the Scorpion is much bigger, heavier, it's rate of fire is slower and it's accuracy is equal to the MP9 so why - excepts the "US pricing" - should you go with the Scorpion Evo?

You also said that the bolt closure system is stupid.. Well but it is in use by the French Secret Service as shown (probably it is in use in every government of the western civilisation), it is in use by many military units, Personal Protection Units and SWAT Teams around the globe since more then 15 years and yet there was never ever a reliability issue of it reported which would cause it to fail in any situation. I have also never heard of that bleeding hand thing you talk about, I don't know from where you got that rumor. And by the way, how long is the track record of the Scorpion Evo 3 again? ;D

The B&T MP9 QD can is actually the best SMG can out there. It reduces the sound by 34DB and because of it's volume, the sound as well as the sound reduction is awesome and Hollywood alike. This can is made out of steel and it's full-auto rated. It weighs just a little bit more then a B&T Impuls-IIA Pistol suppressor (which I also own and it's simply the best pistol can out there as well - see the video of MAC on YT) so it is very light weight as well. So why should you wanna go with another can?

The good thing for us Swiss people is, that the B&T factory is about 1.5 hours away from me. If the suppressor or whatever is shot out, I can just send it in to B&T and get a new one with the old serial number within 2 weeks (the old one gets destroyed by B&T then), without any paperwork. You only have to pay for the new one. So also the availability is no argument for me.

The looks of the MP9 and it's can is a matter of taste but I love it.

Best regards from Switzerland
    Yeah, I'm just a Troll.

Stay classy Switzerland.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    Jer: Sorry for calling you a troll, that was not ok..

We try to! Lol
    Last edited by swis_tac_life; 10-12-18 at 08:45.

Feedback Score
    I think as of now the subgun, i.e. MP5 has become null and void with the advent of very short .300 blk rifles.

But I think the very short subguns aka PDW's have a big place in the covert world. This Swiss PDW is very interesting because of it size and weight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I think as of now the subgun, i.e. MP5 has become null and void with the advent of very short .300 blk rifles.

But I think the very short subguns aka PDW's have a big place in the covert world. This Swiss PDW is very interesting because of it size and weight.
    Yes it is, absolutely.

I also think the 300 blk is superior over the 9mm in every way but the two big problems of 300blk is the availability and the ammo cost.

Because of that I would always choose a 9mm over the 300blk. The subsonic 300blk is 25% stronger and has better ballistics then the 9mm BUT is that enough to justify the low availability and the MUUUCH higher ammo cost? Because if you shoot 300blk supersonic you'd better go with the 7.62x39 because it is much cheaper..

No round in this world is as often produced as the good old lightweight and strong 9mm though..
    Last edited by swis_tac_life; 10-12-18 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post

Another way of stating it might be:

If you've already bought into the concept of a 5-7 pound weapon that is 15-20" with the stock folded/collapsed, it may as well fire a rifle cartridge and gain the associated performance benefits.

But if you need an ultra concealable, shoulder fired weapon that is under 4 pounds and under 12", a pistol cartridge is most appropriate.

Of course, a common duty pistol is under 2 pounds and under 8".
    Last edited by Clint; 10-12-18 at 13:22.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    From my perspective for covert missions you give up rifle power for concealment. Which I am fine with.

If you are covert and need a suppressed weapon, I am not convinced the 300 blk is the answer. Subsonic it really isn't a rifle round any more. So if you are going to bring the velocity down to pistol velocity, I will say in the space you can pack 1 mag of 300 you can fit 2 9mm.

I was off duty one night but ended up in a bad place, I had taken my micro Uzi with me over my M16 commando. Because I could carry so many more 9mm mags in the space I had. We drove into an ambush and before the night was over I had gone through basically all my mags. If I had taken my rifle that night, I would not be here now.

Firearms are tools.

If you get emotional about your hammer, then ok get worked up over a gun.

Other wise let mission dictate the weapon.

PS I have been in situations unarmed where I would have thought a RG revolver was the ultimate handgun ever, if I could have got my hands on one. Situations where being found out would have resulted in torture and getting gutted like a deer.
    Last edited by yoni; 10-12-18 at 13:26.

Feedback Score
    That's an interesting point
    Last edited by swis_tac_life; 10-12-18 at 13:53.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast