Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zombie Box plus generator

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    It's surprising to me that they want you to bury your fuel tank. There's a lot of places in the US where you have a hell of a time selling an old service station that had buried fuel tanks because they're a nightmare to clean up.
    That's pretty much standard code anywhere for residential propane tanks. I have a 1000 gallon one buried that runs my heat, stoves, dryers, etc.... I have been thinking of adding a generator since, with this tank, fuel will not be much of an issue.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    doubletap...
    Last edited by flenna; 10-11-18 at 08:01.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    That's pretty much standard code anywhere for residential propane tanks. I have a 1000 gallon one buried that runs my heat, stoves, dryers, etc.... I have been thinking of adding a generator since, with this tank, fuel will not be much of an issue.
    I am from South Dakota and when I think of propane tanks, I think of the above ground white tanks. I honestly had no idea people buried them.

I thought the buried tank referred to a diesel tank. Propane would not have nearly the same enviromental impact from a leak.

Andy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yup, it's code. You can do up to 400g above ground, which would be 4X100g tanks, which would also be big $ and take up a lot of room in her small yard. Either requires getting permits, inspections, etc.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There is a Hank Hill meme in there somewhere.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    There is a Hank Hill meme in there somewhere.
    "Propane and propane accessories"
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    "Propane and propane accessories"

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    An old joke... A white guy jumps out of the plane and pulls the parachute rip cord and it doesn't open. He pulls the backup cord and it doesn't deploy! All of a sudden he meets a black guy on the way up. As they pass the white guy yells.... Do you know anything about parachuuuuuutes?? The black yells back.. No. Do you know anything about gas stovessssss?? No racism intended.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Update. Did the full testing. You can stand next to the box while generator is on and talk at just above normal volumes. It cuts the sound down considerably, I'd guess 30db. I do have a db meter and may use that for official test, but box works well for its intended use overall and muffler works better than expected sound wise.

With AC at 78f, fridge, lights in one room, all else off, it's a tad under 50% load of the generator, so about 10-12 hours run time per tank. A 55g drum of gas would give adequate run times for typical power loss in the area. Beyond that, gas stations open and so forth.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123