Hey guys,

I have been lusting after another scout. After a few abortive attempts I found a new Mud one for $1300. I am going to try out a Leupold fixed 4x scope in the standard position this time. If I don't like it I will sell it off and put a Scout Scope on it. I also ordered a thread Adaptor for my surefire can, a light mount for the UIT rail, a Ching sling from the awesome Andy's slings, and some Tally Scout rings.

Absurdly, I have lost track of all the scouts I have owned....here is a list of what I can remember.

I had two Steyr Scouts for years back in the early 00s. Don't ask why I had two. I sold them to buy my M16
I had a Springfield M14 Scout. A pig and I had to replace the damn extractor after less than 500 rounds.
I had a THIRD Steyr Scout that I took with me to Alaska. I have no idea why I sold it, maybe to buy a car.
I had a Ruger GS. The bolt was a mess and I had to get rid of it.
I had a Second Ruger Scout synthetic. I had to ship it back to get the bolt not to bind. but after that it was cool. Can't recall why I sold it. I had a firedot on it.
I had an AWESOME Brockman 1895 Marlin "scout" with 16 inch barrel and scout scope. NEVER should have sold that gun.

Anyway, my stuff should be hear early next week if my house doesn't blow away.