G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ok, I'm getting another Steyr Scout.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical1 View Post
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I called steyr about the thread adapter not fitting in they sent me a new one in the mail with a return sticker for the old one —the new one fit perfectly.

Unfortunately I noticed after zeroing the scope and getting the eye relief set correctly the low Talley rings just barely...I mean barely would not clear the bolt handle. So I am sending them back for mediums. Damn!
    On my Steyr CL II SX that I had a couple years ago- I used a set of low matt finish Leupold QD rings to mimic the look of the SSG 69. The scope was a 4.5-14x Zeiss Conquest side focus mil-dot and the charging handle cleared it fine. Now the charging handle on that rifle was the spoon handle style, not the round knob style they have on others.

Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlsatian View Post
    Old thread but I do love my Steyr Scout. I also have a traditionallyl mounted scope, Swarovski 1x6. My only question is where can you get those detachable sling swivels now? Millett used to make them but they are discontinued.
    https://www.steyr-arms.com/us/sling-swivel-millet.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I am considering the Steyr Scout. The only reservation is the bi-pod, all the other features I like.
    Any more, short and lighter carbines catch my eye.
    Being a old time 308win fan, 6.5cm has my interest.
    Thank you for this post.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I ran a Barrett Fieldcraft briefly. It was nicely put together and very, very light. Still, the Steyr is ridiculously versatile. I actually enjoy the bipod, and it really doesn't add too much for what you get.

Mine was basically submerged during a rain storm a week or so back so I am going to have to take the action out and check it for rust. I am considering giving it a paint job.
    Guns

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I ran a Barrett Fieldcraft briefly. It was nicely put together and very, very light. Still, the Steyr is ridiculously versatile. I actually enjoy the bipod, and it really doesn't add too much for what you get.

Mine was basically submerged during a rain storm a week or so back so I am going to have to take the action out and check it for rust. I am considering giving it a paint job.

Let us know how it held up because I believe those have some type of Mannox/Tennifer finish on the barreled action/bolt knob- which is what my CL II SX had.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Got tired of the tan and went crazy with krylon
    Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Guns

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wicked paint job. It takes some balls to hit a new gun like that, but if you got skills, you can do it without regret.

I’ve looked at those Marlins in 45-70 and been tempted many a times.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123