Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, I'm getting another Steyr Scout.

Feedback Score
    Nice rifle and good job on the paint job.

Feedback Score
    Greg, my big hang up on the Steyr Scout is the lack of a true Picatinny rail. I see Leupold makes QD rings for the scout. Any experience with them? Last, how are the irons?

I am torn between a Steyr Scout and a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle. I like the Ruger’s 10 round magazine option, but the Steyr is well.....a Steyr and better quality. I just wish the Scout had magazines in 5 and 10 round guise without resorting to a kit you have to install on the rifle.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    The things I would change on the Steyr:

1. Full length picatinny rail instead of what it is.

2. Agreed with the mags. Maybe have it take Magpul? Idk.

3. Change the sling swivels to QD cups.

4. Improve the backup sights. I know, they’re backups. Doesn’t they can’t be more usable or even your primary.

Other than, I love it. I just think it could stand a little updating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    The things I would change on the Steyr:

1. Full length picatinny rail instead of what it is.

2. Agreed with the mags. Maybe have it take Magpul? Idk.

3. Change the sling swivels to QD cups.

4. Improve the backup sights. I know, they’re backups. Doesn’t they can’t be more usable or even your primary.

Other than, I love it. I just think it could stand a little updating.

1. Agreed.
    2. It would be nice if the well extension was a snap on, still better than wiggly hanging mess like the Ruger with some mags. I prefer the low profile 5 rounders anyway.
    3. I like the hammerhead swivels but qd cups would be better.
    4. I like the backup sights as truly backup the way they are. If it had full pic rail you could bolt on some magpuls I guess but I actually like Steyr’s sights. I have mine dead on at 50 and about 2-3 high at 100.i love how the truly blend into the gun when not in use. I would like it if the front post was a bit narrower and maybe had a nice luminescent paint strip and maybe a painted stripe at the bottom of the rear aperture

I would prefer it if the stock was less flimsy feeling but I think if they went any more robust there would be a big weight penalty.

I wish the action screws and plastic cross pin were self retaining
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    https://www.talleymanufacturing.com/...-ring-w-lever/

Will these work with the Steyr Scout? After reading bad reviews on the Leupold QRW2, these Talley rings may end my hold up on buying a Steyr rifle. I think a Kahles 1-6x would work quite well, or maybe a Swarovski 1.7-10x42 (have to go all Austrian).

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Idk. This is what the finder gives

https://www.talleymanufacturing.com/...ovetail-setup/

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    4. I like the backup sights as truly backup the way they are. If it had full pic rail you could bolt on some magpuls I guess but I actually like Steyr’s sights. I have mine dead on at 50 and about 2-3 high at 100.i love how the truly blend into the gun when not in use. I would like it if the front post was a bit narrower and maybe had a nice luminescent paint strip and maybe a painted stripe at the bottom of the rear aperture

I would prefer it if the stock was less flimsy feeling but I think if they went any more robust there would be a big weight penalty.

I wish the action screws and plastic cross pin were self retaining
    I think the stock is amazingly ergonomic and comfortable. I’m happy with it.

Agreed on pins.

Agreed with the stripes on the sights. Just something to make them most usable.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Madangler,

I am running tally's on my Scout scope and my x4. Good stuff.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Finally got around to zeroing this Scout with a Burris 2-7 BDC Scout scope. Man I love this rifle. Just need to change the buttpad to the softer one and buy some extra mags.

Feedback Score
    Nice looking rifle. The Steyr has an Amazing rep.

I'm looking forward to getting my scout build out, but the Vortex scout scope I selected turned out to be not to my liking. The eye relief changed quite a bit when you zoomed in to anything above 4 power and it got sent back today. I'll probably go either Leupold or Burris.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast