Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aimpoint M5

Feedback Score

New Aimpoint M5

Soldier Systems has a blurb about the "new" Aimpoint M5 with battery compartment on bottom, not top. I wonder when they will be available?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    That’s interesting. When I talk to them at shot show they said that if they put the battery compartment on the bottom then it would not be able to use standard micro mounts so maybe they figured out a way
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New Aimpoint M5

So the bottom of the body is a lot lower than the other Comp5.

I’m really digging this. No battery in my FOV. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 10-10-18 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Came here to post about this. On my buy list.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've spent a few moments over the years notionalizing on the battery compartment position, and it really can be in the way no matter where it's located... depending on what you are looking at. For example if you had an intruder at gunpoint, the low battery compartment could be occluding his hands if the dot is center mass.

The upside to this design, in my opinion, is the reduced top end bulk. My battery compartment cap takes a regular beating and the finish is well worn. I don't mind it, but reducing the top side bulk is nice.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've spent a few moments over the years notionalizing on the battery compartment position, and it really can be in the way no matter where it's located... depending on what you are looking at. For example if you had an intruder at gunpoint, the low battery compartment could be occluding his hands if the dot is center mass.

The upside to this design, in my opinion, is the reduced top end bulk. My battery compartment cap takes a regular beating and the finish is well worn. I don't mind it, but reducing the top side bulk is nice.
    That’s a very good point. I really don’t see the attraction of these over the T-2 for most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That’s a very good point. I really don’t see the attraction of these over the T-2 for most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have both and I honestly don't notice much if any difference looking through the two of them side by side (other than the battery compartment which hasn't been an issue, at least for me). I think the T2 is probably the gold standard for a RDS at this point.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like the M5 over the T2 because of where the knob is and it's crisp not mushy adjustments, the protective objective lens, and AAAs give a longer run time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast