Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Aimpoint M5

Feedback Score
    I bought M5 and would prefer the location of newer model!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I like the M5 over the T2 because of where the knob is and it's crisp not mushy adjustments, the protective objective lens, and AAAs give a longer run time.
    I hate mushy adjustments on ANY device. My C3 knob is crisp, but a little easy to adjust. I put a ranger band around the sight to stiffen the knob up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    I bought M5 and would prefer the location of newer model!
    The location is definitely an improvement.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Other than the AAA vs cell battery, what are the differences/advantages over a T2?

Makes logistic sense for folks operating overseas, but what's the big deal for CONUS home defense where the M5 just looks slightly bulkier to me?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Supposed to be tougher since it's made from 7075 vs 6061, the rheostat is not connected to the electronics so if you knock the knob off it still works, but can't adjust brightness, has a protective objective lens.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have all the above and , sit high , sit low and T2. I love my M4's top or bottom and just dont care tomato tumato, but Aimpoints are good stuff.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Lol at everyone who bought the first version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I prefer the high switch placement as it allows me ease of access to adjust brightness by simply reaching over the top with my support hand.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    I prefer the high switch placement as it allows me ease of access to adjust brightness by simply reaching over the top with my support hand.
    This. Plus the location of the battery doesn’t bother me. Why, because I’m right handed, not wrong handed, and I’m right eye dominant. The M5 is an awesome optic and is my favorite RDS Out of the T-2’s, T-1’s and H-1’s and R-1’s that I currently own. The S version is going to give people fits when it comes to using aftermarket mounts, so be careful what you wish for.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Agree. It’s hard enough to turn it on and off, adjust the illumination, with the rear cap in the way. A bottom compartment may make that more difficult although flipping the cap open may be easier the first time.

I prefer my M5 over the T2 on my ARs because I like the AAA batteries and location of the adjustment knob. On my USC/UMP conversion, I like my T2 better due to size.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Supposed to be tougher since it's made from 7075 vs 6061,
    While 7075 has higher hardness, ultimate tensile strength, and yield strength, the fracture toughness of 6061 is actually higher; all assuming the same temper (T6/T651) and material thickness.

Saying one is better than the other using such a simplistic analysis as the choice of raw material is not necessarily correct.

Feedback Score
    On the subject of battery housing/switch location, having it up top makes it easier to reach with either hand (agree with others who've mentioned that) and once I'm focusing on the target I don't see it.

Been using Aimpoints with the switch up there for too long, I guess because I don't chase the latest fad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast