Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Aimpoint M5

Feedback Score
    I meant the original Comps (C, C3, M, ML, M2, ML2, etc). No threads to worry about keeping the sight on the base. Just clamp a 30 mm ring around them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    They were good, but being a tube in a single ring they were more easily bent. The disconnected rheostat on the M4 and M5 is the best upgrade IMO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    They were good, but being a tube in a single ring they were more easily bent. The disconnected rheostat on the M4 and M5 is the best upgrade IMO.
    Expound on this a little please. I had my C3 in a wilcox mount tip over on tile from the muzzle up position with the buttstock on the floor. It knocked my RDS 10-12 MOA out of zero. I wasn't thrilled with that lack of durability.... nothing broke, but 10 plus MOA out of whack isn't good.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    All true

What I don't get is why is thread stripping an issue with the T-1s.
    I don' think you fully appreciate the fragility of aluminum threads, especially with such small screws.
    ...the joint between the sight and its mount is supposed to be semi-permanent not something that gets done and undone on a regular basis.
    "Supposed to be" and "is be" are two different be's.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I don' think you fully appreciate the fragility of aluminum threads, especially with such small screws.
    Been an engineer, amateur mechanic, and tinkerer for best part of 30 years. Developing DC nutrunner tightening strategies for all sorts of soft and hard joints is one of my core competencies. I think I understand a bit about the subject.

Having said that, I've not owned the sight in question so I don't know just how small/shallow those threaded holes are.

Still confused as to why someone would repeatedly mess with those threads. Typically one bolts mount and optic together and they hardly ever come apart after that. At least I do.
    Last edited by Don Quijote; 10-17-18 at 18:00.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234