Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm trying to think of something more un-American than political correctness and it's just not coming to me.

Democracy is a pitfall the founding fathers warned us about, they formed a Republic.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 10-11-18 at 13:05.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    “25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream.

Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical.

By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.”

Note that traditional liberals are lumped in with the middle to define the mainstream majority while traditional conservatives are bundled with the further right and “far outside the American mainstream”. Not surprising coming from The Atlantic where a living constitution is the norm and originalism the philosophy of fuds.
    ditto

reality is nobody but the left like PC culture ? its that simple

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    This is now the majority of average people go through their day. It is amazing that our purported "leaders" on both sides don't listen to people or have any sense of what's important to most us until Harvard does a study and tells them what's what.
    Yeah, but it's the people on the extremes that vote - of the most importance is that they vote in primaries, which means they're picking our "choices" for us. It's a poorly kept secret that the real races anymore are the primaries. I'm somewhere between "moderate" and "traditional conservative", but I vote in every election - local, primaries, generals, all of them. It may not matter when the fringes are turning out en masse, but I'll be damned if I don't do my small part.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    If we can ever root the lefty loons out of the MSM and the educational system, I think we will be 75% of the way toward this country being healed.
    Might be a logical fallacy, but there has to be some correlation between being more educated and being more likely to accept PC culture, vis a vis the number of people on the fringes (both sides, but mainly left) who make up academia. I spent 7 years in higher education and it only made me more likely to vote Republican, so I'm not sure what inference I can draw from that. I was also 25 when I went back for post-grad and had spent 3 years working, so maybe that made a difference. I wasn't spoon fed liberal shit straight through and actually had to pay taxes in the interim. I do like to try and look at things objectively and have an intelligent debate about stuff, but anymore you don't know how someone is going to take something you've said unintendedly or who else is listening and does the same. So, the easiest choice is just to not have these discussions at all and then the fringes fill the vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    This article was written by a leftist who is attempting to define the debate their way.

"If you look at what Americans have to say on issues such as immigration, the extent of white privilege, and the prevalence of sexual harassment, the authors argue"

Those are not the issues people on the right care about or even think about.
    Depends on what you're calling the "right". If you're talking about "devoted conservatives", then sure, but I think that's part of the point, anyway; it's also why they'll never actually get anything to change because they can't at least comprehend how those might be issues. A majority of people are willing to have an intelligent discussion about those issues, but they're not willing to do that if there's a chance they'll be labeled a racist, misogynist, etc. for offending someone in the process. If you have any interaction with society, it's hard to shake a label like that, especially if you don't deserve it.

You can see immigration, the extent of white privilege, and the prevalence of sexual harassment as real issues and not be a progressive activist or even a traditional liberal. I'll grant that they're not high on my priorities list, but I wouldn't pretend they're not issues.
    Last edited by sundance435; 10-11-18 at 15:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    sundance435 - thanks for that post. Great points.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I strongly ignore it. And if some PC wuss wants to give me a hard time, I go full Archie on 'em.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Not surprising coming from The Atlantic where a living constitution is the norm and originalism the philosophy of fuds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    This article was written by a leftist who is attempting to define the debate their way.

"If you look at what Americans have to say on issues such as immigration, the extent of white privilege, and the prevalence of sexual harassment, the authors argue"

Where is the like button?!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12