Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solo (Review)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Solo (Review)

Solo is another Star Wars spin off. Directed by Ron Howard, Solo is good old fashioned Star Wars fun. It's total fluff, but well done fluff. Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) really didn't have the gravitas for the character, but the supporting cast makes up for it. If you enjoy Star Wars it's worth a view, but it will not be a movie you're talking or thinking about a few days later like Rogue One. B

Last edited by WillBrink; 10-01-18 at 07:34.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Agreed - after seeing Anthony Ingruber in the "Age of Adaline" play a young Harrison Ford, Alden Ehernreich was just the wrong choice (IMHO).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwLv993khfI

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 17:45.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Agreed - after seeing Anthony Ingruber in the "Age of Adaline" play a young Harrison Ford, Alden Ehernreich was just the wrong choice (IMHO).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwLv993khfI
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    The problems I had with Solo are that they cast the wrong guy to play Han. They should have cast Anthony Ingruber who played young Harrison Ford in Age of Adaline. He's a dead ringer, both in talk and style to Harrison Ford. Second, the Kessel Run scene- what is up with that retarded space monkey occtupus- wtf is that? I have no idea. Third, Lando- he's supposed to be smooth, not some weird guy and he's supposed to be a bit shady with shady friends not some tech nerd half gay they portrayed him as. The person who directed Solo and all the recent Star Wars flicks should be dragged across the desert of Tatooine and left to the Tusken Raiders.

Here's the guy that should play young Han Solo- he's perfect that role.

Per above in OP, we are in agreement that was really the only major issue with this otherwise fun movie. If not for the supporting cast picking up the slack, would have been a loser.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Personally I thought this movie had the same issue as TFA and TLJ - it's a bland spacefiller of a movie that doesn't have anything to say. If I hadn't watched it while on a flight it would have felt like a complete waste of time.

These movies aren't actively bad, they're just.. not good, either. They're exactly what one imagined would happen after Disney bought the thing.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Solo sucked. I am a die hard Star Wars fan and hated it. It didnt feel like Star Wars, and Han and Lando were cast completely wrong.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I thought Lando was perfectly cast.

Have an Honest Trailer (spoiler warning):

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We saw the movie several months ago (it seems) we liked it.

I'm not at all tied up in the Star Wars franchise, certainly not enough to speak to casting choices.

For a guy like me, it was a good flick.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    Personally I thought this movie had the same issue as TFA and TLJ - it's a bland spacefiller of a movie that doesn't have anything to say. If I hadn't watched it while on a flight it would have felt like a complete waste of time.

These movies aren't actively bad, they're just.. not good, either. They're exactly what one imagined would happen after Disney bought the thing.
    Per above, total fluff, but fun fluff. It didn't add anything to the franchise to be sure, but not a total abortion that was say Force Awakens either. . Not the best, not the worst of the series I thought.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-30-18 at 15:33.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I thought Lando was perfectly cast.

Have an Honest Trailer (spoiler warning):

"One you'll forget by the time you get home from the theater..." sums it up well.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-30-18 at 15:28.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast