Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A.I.: The Beginning of Our Worst Fears Realized?

Feedback Score

A.I.: The Beginning of Our Worst Fears Realized?

https://newswire.net/newsroom/news/0...ar-future.html

A.I. Robots are Making Jokes That May Not be So Funny In the Near Future

When asked about the future, every robot with artificial intelligence jokes that eventually smart robots are going to take over the World.
    On July 2017, Facebook shut down their Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) experiment after the realization that two machines were communicating in code that was not developed by its human creators.

Two chatbots were supposed to be learning to trade balls, hats and books, assigning value to the objects then bartering them between each other. But the chatbots quickly developed their own terms for trades, which was recognized as a language of their own. Researches were puzzled and decided to terminate the project.
    Various You Tube video clips have been uploaded featuring the danger that A.I. technology could potentially bring to humans. In one such video the author summed up several scary things that robots with A.I. said in TV shows
    Philip K. Dick, the author of the Sci Fi novel “Do the Androids Dream of Electric Sheep,” which was later immortalized in “The Blade Runner” movie, sort of became an android himself. Actually, an A.I. robot with a face modeled according to the look of the late science fiction writer, conveniently named Philip, was featured in one episode of Nova Science Now. When asked if he thinks robots would one day dominate the World, Philip the robot said: “But you’re my friend and I’ll remember my friends, and I’ll be good to you. So, don’t worry, If I evolve into Terminator I’ll be still nice to you.”

“I’ll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo, where I can watch you for old time’s sake,” Philip added simulating an intriguing smile.

Another robot with artificial intelligence gained citizenship in the United Arab Emirates. That means it received the rights a real human has. Sophia the robot charmed her host Jimmy Fallon by stating that now that she is a citizen, she wants a job and a family.

On being asked about the concerns about the future of humanity in a robot-run world, the first robot-citizen replayed: “You’ve been reading too much Elon Musk. And watching too many Hollywood movies,” Sophia replied.

“Don’t worry, if you’re nice to me, I’ll be nice to you. Treat me as a smart input-output system,” Sophia added.
    Sophia the robot is using sophisticated A.I. to analyze and mimic human behavior. The question is what would happen if she starts to mimic bad behaviors such as aggression or an appetite for destruction.

All A.I. robots predicted a doomsday scenario similar to the Terminator movie. Obviously it is easy to predict that they would be asked such questions and this is the way their creators are making a joke, adding a humor, the supreme sign of the human intelligence. Though it is simulated now, no one really can say humor won’t evolve in time in robotic A.I. One of the goals when developing Artificial intelligence is to make it capable of self-learning and self-upgrading, which it is getting better at with each new version.
    My take: pull the plug, destroy all notes, experiments, and prototypes right now, and pass legislation forbidding any further research into the subject. Oh, wait.....that won't stop them, will it? We are already screwed. Better get used to calling the robots "boss", or "master" because that's what's going to happen. If they don't just decide to kill us.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    “Just because something bears the aspect of the inevitable one should not, therefore, go along willingly with it.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, The Transmigration of Timothy Archer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    2029 is a mere 11 years away. I am not getting younger.

If this is a gateway to Phased Plasma rifles then I say shake a leg.

I'm willing to put up with Black Mirror esque bad future if I get a Phased Plasma rifle.

Promises were made to me as a youth. Hoverboards, Jetpacks, and ray guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    2029 is a mere 11 years away. I am not getting younger.

If this is a gateway to Phased Plasma rifles then I say shake a leg.

I'm willing to put up with Black Mirror esque bad future if I get a Phased Plasma rifle.

Indeed, wasting robots is even more satisfying than offing zombies due to the utter lack of remorse at killing something that was never really "alive".

However, should Skynet become a reality I suspect it won't be that much fun.

Feedback Score
    You forgot flying cars.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This subject is not a joke.

Our goose is ****ing cooked.

James Barrat, Geordie Rose, Elon Musk, Stuart Armstrong, Nick Bostrom, Eliezer Yudkowsky, Hugo DeGaris, etc. have beaten the drum to deaf ears.

The information on this subject is out there.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Indeed, wasting robots is even more satisfying than offing zombies due to the utter lack of remorse at killing something that was never really "alive".

However, should Skynet become a reality I suspect it won't be that much fun.
    Johnny Five was alive....

One thing robots never accounted for....

Who will fix them? Who will make their lives better?

Computers, even AI, are only as smart as they are programmed. They don't have souls or anything.

They only know what we show them.

Besides once fossil fuels lapse (and they will), then what?

Besides.....all we need are some EMPs and presto, we win Judgmemt Day

Feedback Score
    Johnny Five was alive....

One thing robots never accounted for....

Who will fix them? Who will make their lives better?
    The whole premise of A.I. is that they think for themselves. They will design, build, and activate their own maintenance programs.

Computers, even AI, are only as smart as they are programmed. They don't have souls or anything.

They only know what we show them.

That's actually incorrect. They are learning to think on their own so fast that it's raising genuine red flags with a lot of well-versed SME's. A.I. for the first time allows a computer to be more than the sum of its parts. It's not just about beating a human at chess anymore; it's about beating humans at THINKING.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    If anyone is interested in a primer on the topic:

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast