Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dan Wesson Valor or Vigil

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does anyone have any additional input on the DW ramped barrels? I know that in years past, other brands certainly had issues. OTOH, if anyone could get it right it would likely be DW? Any and all input appreciated, both reliability and durability. I love my Valor, but it is heavy. Would love to add an alloy frame to the stable.

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Dont forget about the Silverback. It can be had in 9mm, 10mm and 45acp, has a ramped barrel, two-tone scheme ( bright slide and duty treat frame) and is given the same attention to detail during the fitment phase, same top shelf parts as the Valor. I have a Valor and Silverback and can attest, at least on mine, that SB is EVERY bit as nice as my Valor. In fact, the trigger on my SB may in fact be better.
    No, it's not lightweight but it's a damn fine pistol. It's now discontinued as it was a limited run but they're still out there and if anyone has a blued Valor they'd be willing to trade for a Silverback in 10mm holler at me.
    BUT, if it HAS to be between those two listed it has to be the Valor. It's a damned fine ass pistol a. Love both of mine.
    Last edited by BillB; 12-27-18 at 10:22.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies everyone, I ended up getting a Dan Wesson Heritage 5 inch 45ACP this past Saturday. The Valor is no longer made, and I was concerned with long term durability of the Vigils alloy frame. Now I need to get magazines for the gun, what say you guys and gals on the brand magazines to get. My dealer carries Mec Gar brand 1911 mags, 8 round with the polymer/metal follower.

Feedback Score
    20180822_152203.jpg I have both a Valor in 10mm Auto, and a Vigil Commander in .45 ACP. Love them both, don't think you can go wrong with anything by Dan Wesson. 20180927_175822.jpg
    Last edited by Johnnyvegas; 02-04-19 at 18:48.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin, (1759)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Heritages are a lot of fun for the money. I bought my Valor back in 08 and had Dave Severns work it over a bit. Been an awesome gun.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel79 View Post
    The Heritages are a lot of fun for the money. I bought my Valor back in 08 and had Dave Severns work it over a bit. Been an awesome gun.
    What do you have worked over on a Valor? I own one and changed from skinny grips but don’t know what I would have done ?

PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    What do you have worked over on a Valor? I own one and changed from skinny grips but don’t know what I would have done ?

PB
    I had him put in Cylinder and Slide fire control group parts, John Harrison trigger, trigger job, Hard Hat treatment. I think that’s all, it’s been a while ago since it was done.
    Last edited by Diesel79; 04-08-19 at 18:03.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123