Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which upper ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Which upper ?

Which upper would you go with for a general plinker rifle?

Sabre Defense chrome lined 16" middy
    Stag Arms Mlok chrome line 16" middy
    PSA premium chrome line 16" carbine
    CMMG chromed line 16" middy

I will be using a Colt BCG in it.
    Last edited by jppaul16438; 10-11-18 at 15:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Most people here will say: None.

But, if you're set on doing it with those options, on that budget, I have had wonderful success with Stag Arms products.

PSA is very overgassed and, in my experience, within spec enough to keep running. I just don't like that even an A5-H4 still only gets it mildly tamed.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Most people here will say: None.

But, if you're set on doing it with those options, on that budget, I have had wonderful success with Stag Arms products.

PSA is very overgassed and, in my experience, within spec enough to keep running. I just don't like that even an A5-H4 still only gets it mildly tamed.
    I also say NONE but if you put a gun to my head I would pick the Stag. I don't understand where these guys come from. Why can't question about a purchase be about quality NOT price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I also say NONE but if you put a gun to my head I would pick the Stag. I don't understand where these guys come from. Why can't question about a purchase be about quality NOT price.
    Because Im looking for the best option to get someone started in shooting without spending $1500. Not everyone have unlimited funds. Also I have quality already, I own a FN Tactical, Colt 6920 SL & a Daniel Defense SLW V7, So I got those bases covered.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppaul16438 View Post
    Because Im looking for the best option to get someone started in shooting without spending $1500. Not everyone have unlimited funds. Also I have quality already, I own a FN Tactical, Colt 6920 SL & a Daniel Defense SLW V7, So I got those bases covered.
    A lot of ways to do it without spending 1.5K. I don't care what you have. You are pushing junk off on your acquaintance. If he/she can't afford to by it he probably cannot afford to shoot it!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Out of those choices, Sabre Defense would be my choice, they put out good stuff before running afoul with the law. Stag would be number 2.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Colt LE6920 16 Upper Conversion Kit (16" chrome lined carbine)
    BCM 16" Mid length chrome lined
    Sionics 16" Mid length chrome lined

Guaranteed satisfaction, minimal drama or headache

Sabre defence has been closed for 10 (?) years.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-11-18 at 16:07.

Feedback Score
    If you want quality and a good price Brownells has pretty ridiculous pricing on Colt 6960 uppers right now. Like $519 and you can use a code for more off and free shipping. That is what I would do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    If you want quality and a good price Brownells has pretty ridiculous pricing on Colt 6960 uppers right now. Like $519 and you can use a code for more off and free shipping. That is what I would do.
    I will let the person Im building it for know about this upper, Not sure if he has the funds to go that high.
    If they are still available next week, I may have to get myself one. Spent all my play money this week already, Wife would kill me right now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Is Sabre still around?

+1 on the STAG if it's strictly a plinker.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast