G&R Tactical
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which upper ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markderp View Post
    Stag out of those choices, but why not spend a bit more for some of the better options out there. That Brownell's deal would be hard to pass up if I was looking for another upper.
    Quote Originally Posted by twm134 View Post
    Sorry yeah, it is only $30 off but it is still the best option, in my opinion for an upper. It will work well whether you want a plinker or want to got to war and I think it is the best value for an upper currently available.

The Brownells Colt 6960 upper is also a very good value as well and would be an exceptional choice if one was willing to spend more.
    I thought it was a good deal until I saw no charging handle or BCG

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
    There is still no better upper available for this price/quality that I am aware of right now.

Feedback Score
    86 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppaul16438 View Post
    Which upper would you go with for a general plinker rifle?

Sabre Defense chrome lined 16" middy
    Stag Arms Mlok chrome line 16" middy
    PSA premium chrome line 16" carbine
    CMMG chromed line 16" middy

I will be using a Colt BCG in it.
    There's a Colt 6920 complete upper on ToS for $400. Looks like it's in great shape. Has Magpul MOE handguard CH and BCG.

Sell your colt BCG for $140-150 +/- and he's got $250 invested in a 6920 upper. I'd buy it if I didn't have other things going on
    As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I don't think any of the options listed are "junk" in the sense of something like Lorcin/Jennings used to be versus Glock/etc.

I also don't think having another person with skin in the game is ever a bad idea either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
    He said his friend already had a Colt BCG, so in his situation, what's not to love about this deal?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234