Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a 11.5" pistol

Feedback Score

Talk me out of a 11.5" pistol

I have had one AR for a few years now, it is a 16" lightweight w/ 15" kmr BCM that serves as a training, HD and occasionally hunting rifle. I've had a itch for a SBR for some time and with the addition of the SBA3 to the market, I have been very tempted to putting together 11.5" pistol in 5.56. If this were to happen, I would probably eventually transition the light and Aimpoint pro to the pistol and move it into the HD role then add a lpvo to the 16" gun. I don't see my self adding a suppressor to the 11.5" any time in the next few years. That being said, I've never handled or shot a 11.5" pistol, (with or without a suppressor) and I am concerned the extra noise/concussion and the reduced comfort of the shorter rail would result in it staying it in my safe, while I continue to use my 16" for everything. I've been looking at BCM lightweight uppers and the Sionics uppers as my options so far...

I guess the internal question that I'm considering is a 11.5" pistol a worthy addition knowing it won't get a suppressor any time soon? Should I just spend the cash on ammo?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
    I guess the internal question that I'm considering is a 11.5" pistol a worthy addition knowing it won't get a suppressor any time soon?
    Yes but I like 12.5 a lot also, blast is not that bad even with an A2.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 09-07-18 at 14:13.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    I cannot talk you out of a 11.5” Pistol... it is going to be loud (even with a suppressor) but I truly enjoy shooting my 11.5”. It packs up nicely for trips or just to run errands...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I guess the internal question that I'm considering is a 11.5" pistol a worthy addition knowing it won't get a suppressor any time soon?
    I'm not a fan of pistols, but as far as 11.5"?? I don't run cans on mine, and I have the cans to put on them. I love the compact size too much to add the length and weight. I am toying with adding a can to my house gun, but I really hate the extra length a lot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I just ran mine suppressed for the first time a few days ago. A2 isnt noticably louder than a 16” when outside.
    Its really nice suppressed. For my use, ballistically 11.5 hits the spot and the sf mini really makes it a pleasure to shoot. Its the same size as a 16” rifle with the silencer on it.

Honestly, id buy a cheap brace to see it you like it, then SBR it if an option.

Mark, try your mini on your house gun- I think you will like it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't run cans on mine, and I have the cans to put on them. I love the compact size too much to add the length and weight. I am toying with adding a can to my house gun, but I really hate the extra length a lot.
    This is great information, and exactly why I think I need one.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I just ran mine suppressed for the first time a few days ago. A2 isnt noticably louder than a 16” when outside.

Honestly, id buy a cheap brace to see it you like it, then SBR it if an option.
    More good information and if I like it as much as I think I will, I probably will SBR it down the road, but I need to put some rounds down range before I go that far.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    but I need to put some rounds down range before I go that far.
    If it's gassed well, you'll love it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    The 11.5 is the shortest pistol you can have and legally use a vertical foregrip (as long as total firearm uses standard AR parts reaching over 26”). That’s an unmentioned benefit of the size.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    11.5" AR isn't louder for the shooter, but it is for the bystanders (esp with a brake).

I love mine but its an SBR and I suppress with a Saker-K it nearly 100% of the time. It's fun unsuppressed too, but I greatly prefer suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    11.5" AR isn't louder for the shooter, but it is for the bystanders (esp with a brake).

I love mine but its an SBR and I suppress with a Saker-K it nearly 100% of the time. It's fun unsuppressed too, but I greatly prefer suppressed.

As I stated in another thread, i put the sf brake on, and with double ear pro, it didnt hurt my ears, but concussion rattled my brain- a 30rd mag would cause a headache.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast