Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winchester White Box 9mm 124g NATO

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I buy that regularly and it is really good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My go to practice and training ammo. Good to go.
    "Illinois, where political corruption is not just a way of life, it is the state motto".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Only drawback is that the primer are crimped and the crimp must be reamed or swaged out before reloading.

I have a primer pocket swager but I don't bother with these cases because I already have piles of nine that don't have the crimp. I just decap 'em and put 'em in the scrap bucket.

But again, I depend on Q4318 to stay alive in the big city. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I love 9mm NATO. It's always worked for me and it's my favorite range round. I buy it whenever I can.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    0 issues through a couple thousand rounds, almost all in competition, winning several. I do not notice any difference in recoil, but I am 6’4” and 285lbs, with XL hands.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    0 issues through a couple thousand rounds, almost all in competition, winning several. I do not notice any difference in recoil, but I am 6’4” and 285lbs, with XL hands.

I'm 5'10" 180 pounds, with at least XL hands, more likely XXL. Q4318 recoil is just a tad snappier than SAAMI spec feels like. It's confidence-inspiring, but won't slow your shooting down.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Uni-Vibe;2666722]Only drawback is that the primer are crimped and the crimp must be reamed or swaged out before reloading.

I have a primer pocket swager but I don't bother with these cases because I already have piles of nine that don't have the crimp. I just decap 'em and put 'em in the scrap bucket

How does this compare to the MEN 124 gr nato?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I believe the Winchester is "hotter" as in its American Nato spec which is similar in pressure to +P ammo. The MEN is European Nato Spec, which is a lower pressure, though not as low as say Blazer 115gr. I have shot quite a bit of the MEN 124gr Nato, including through a comp'd G19 and it runs ok. Blazer, as a comparison would cause failures to eject (stovepipes) and failures to feed. The MEN is very good ammo IMO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Pi3;2667680]
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Only drawback is that the primer are crimped and the crimp must be reamed or swaged out before reloading.

I have a primer pocket swager but I don't bother with these cases because I already have piles of nine that don't have the crimp. I just decap 'em and put 'em in the scrap bucket

The MEN cases I've seen are not crimped.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Uni-Vibe;2667688]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post

The MEN cases I've seen are not crimped.
    Not crimped, though looks like they are lacquer sealed

Attachment 54218

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast