Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scope recommendation 700sps tac .308

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)

scope recommendation 700sps tac .308

any recommendations for a quality scope that will not break the bank?. its for a 700sps tac. cant decide between a 3-7x or 4-12x. illuminated or non-illum. i like the low end leupold but are any other scopes around that range?

Feedback Score
    I have a Vortex Razor LH 1.5-8x on my 30-06. It's a great scope but not necessarily cheap.

Vortex has some other quality options that are inexpensive (Viper or Diamondback).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For that gun, you’re better off with a higher magnification. I suggest a Vortex Crossfire II you really get your bang for your buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Like so many of these type of threads, what are you wishing to do with it? hunting? Long range plinking? For an entry level scope the Vortex series arent bad.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    WARNING! The Remington 700 SPS can turn into a serious money pit!

I started with the same rifle. Over the course of a few years, the only remining part of the original SPS is the receiver, and even that had a new bolt handle TIG welded and action trued before re-barreling.

To your question - mine still wears the same SWFA 10X42 HD scope I started with. For $800 It's built like a brick outhouse and I very much like the reticle, though it's not illuminated. It's given me no reason to look at anything else.

700custom-6.jpg
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    What sort of shooting are you planning on doing, at at what ranges?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    make sure the gun shoots well before you spend $1 on glass for it. grab something off another gun and mount it up. Keep track of your dials.

I had a Rem 700 SPS Tac .308 with the 20" threaded barrel and it was a turd... it got sold.

Feedback Score
    NIce thing about a Remington as others have mentioned it is easy to upgrade the base action . Dont go el cheapo on glass, but then again for starting out you dont need to spend 3K on a scope either. Decide if MOA or Mils is your preference, make sure turrets match your reticle. I prefer 1st focal plane scopes on precision guns but both have pros and cons. Not to plug another site, but you can find great deals on quality used scopes on snipershide. I've bought 2 USO scopes from folks there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got a SPS Tactical recently. It came with a Bushnell 4-16x40. I am new to long range shooting and bolt action so I'll probably leave it on there until I figure out what I am doing. I've been looking at some Vortex scopes for the future and the ACSS reticles from Primary Arms looks interesting too.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nightforce SHV 4-14x F1

It’s about a grand new and a great option. Imo best option in that price point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast