Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primary Arms scope?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    What other scopes would you compare their lower priced models to? For example, what would you say is a direct comparison to one of PA's 1-6 FFP models that sells for $399.99?
    Direct competitor would be the Vortex Strike Eagle. Many have claimed it's the exact same scope.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    Direct competitor would be the Vortex Strike Eagle. Many have claimed it's the exact same scope.
    Thanks.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    For the record, reading this again, the Strike Eagle compares to the ACSS SFP models, I'm not aware of any lower price point competitors to the new FFP Raptor scopes. Mrgunsngear did a review of the 1-8x though.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    For the record, reading this again, the Strike Eagle compares to the ACSS SFP models, I'm not aware of any lower price point competitors to the new FFP Raptor scopes. Mrgunsngear did a review of the 1-8x though.
    Is there anything, in any price range, that you would say compares to the FFP models?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Maybe take a look at Sig FFP models, and Burris gives a choice on thier XDR models, and Leupold, Nightforce too. I'm pretty sure all the manufacturers offer something, just normally in the higher price points. That's the niche I think PA is trying to fill with the Raptor, low price point FFP. And again for the record, after checking it's only a 1-6x offering, the 1-8x I was thinking about is the Platinum series. I had done some looking around earlier this year, but I don't remember all the models off the top of my head.

Shameless plug, I have a NIB Sig Tango4 FFP for sale that I'm looking to sell if you like the looks of that, but FFP and 1-4x haven't typically been paired together.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Maybe take a look at Sig FFP models, and Burris gives a choice on thier XDR models, and Leupold, Nightforce too. I'm pretty sure all the manufacturers offer something, just normally in the higher price points. That's the niche I think PA is trying to fill with the Raptor, low price point FFP. And again for the record, after checking it's only a 1-6x offering, the 1-8x I was thinking about is the Platinum series. I had done some looking around earlier this year, but I don't remember all the models off the top of my head.

Shameless plug, I have a NIB Sig Tango4 FFP for sale that I'm looking to sell if you like the looks of that, but FFP and 1-4x haven't typically been paired together.
    Thanks for the information. With regard to the Tango, I actually saw it a couple of weeks ago when I was shopping for a LPVO for a different gun. Two things stopped me from going that way. First I'm not sure I'd want FFP in a 1-4. Second is that I prefer MIL to MOA.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    There are not any other ffp 1-6 scoprd in that price range that I can think of. The reticle is well thought out for ffp variable imo. The only downside is reviews I have read about the illumination not being blazing bright compared to something like the Stiener P4Xi. Daylight bright is a very subjective topic though. I have personally not looked through one yet

Feedback Score
    Pa 1-6 acss I own and its my favorite budget optic

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own a few PA ACSS optics (budget line) and they are outstanding, not just for the price but for the quality and ruggedness. My only complaint is that the battery life on my 4-14x HUD is very limited due to me forgetting to turn it off.

Will be buying more.
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123