Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms scope?

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, this is good to know. I believe I'll give thier 1-6 a try

Feedback Score
    I have one of their 4-14 R grid scopes on an 18 inch AR build. Glass isnt bad, but the chevron in the middle is not as sharp as the one in my ACOG. For the price point they work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The platinum series are excellent and the standard optics are very good for the price. I think the true value is in the reticle options. They’re very well thought out and functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have owned their 1st Gen 1-6 ACSS, GenII 1-8 ACSS, and now their Platinum 1-8. The lower priced 1-6 and 1-8 ACSS scopes are both great scopes for the money, and the best LPVO you can get in that price range, IMO. Especially with the ACSS reticle.

Their Platinum 1-8 offering is amazing, and I would say competes with scopes 2-3 times that price. The only downside is that it's heavy. I also own a few of their Advanced Micro Dot red dots and those are very nice for the price. I don't think you can go wrong with PA on a budget, and I've been very happy with all of their LPVOs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I tried the 1-6 ACSS for 300/7.62x39 and for the money good grief what a scope. Thing had been abused and tortured on the outside it looked like someone dragged it behind a truck down the interstate, but spot on with 300 supers and he said it was with subs too. I'm seriously considering it and going back and further b/t this the 3x compact ACSS
    https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...-reticle-black
    Last edited by sasquatchoslav; 11-05-18 at 05:56.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Anyone have input on the 6x .22 scope? Looking at the for an RPR is got but not sure if it’s the right decision. And what rings would I want for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    I’ll admit I’ve only owned cheaper 1-4 and 1-6 scopes. Having said that I don’t have any complaints with my two PA scopes, Gen2 and Gen3 1-6 ACSS reticle scopes.
    I agree. PA does a good job of building scopes that exceed their respective markets. I diverge from some, in that, 1) I agree their Platinum series scopes are very good, but; 2) they have priced that scope outside the bounds of their peers. For example, for a $1,000 1-8x scope, you can get a PA Platinum, or you can get a Trijicon... hmmm. Not a great deal. But, in the 1-6x and 1-8x ACSS, hard to beat for $200 to $300.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    While Trijicon's name is a known quantity thanks to their ACOG and night sights, I have seen mixed reviews of their variable power optic line.

As for the price of the Platinum series, I'm actually kinda wary of them considering they come from the same factory as the Vortex Razor but for half the price. This either means Vortex is gouging (not in their business profile), or PA paid much less for QC. LOW does what you pay them to do, no more and no less.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    While Trijicon's name is a known quantity thanks to their ACOG and night sights, I have seen mixed reviews of their variable power optic line.

As for the price of the Platinum series, I'm actually kinda wary of them considering they come from the same factory as the Vortex Razor but for half the price. This either means Vortex is gouging (not in their business profile), or PA paid much less for QC. LOW does what you pay them to do, no more and no less.
    PA has good QC and inspect the optics once they get state side as well. I would have no problem buying a higher end PA scope and in the off chance their was an issue they have very good customer service. They do get some in with issues like dirt specs on the edge of veiwing field etc and these are sold clearly marked as blems

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    What other scopes would you compare their lower priced models to? For example, what would you say is a direct comparison to one of PA's 1-6 FFP models that sells for $399.99?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast