Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger PCC Cleaning

Feedback Score
    I have a Ruger PCC, I just give the bolt and everything a good spray down with WD40 every 500 rounds or so... I also have a 9mm Hi-Point carbine which I find easier to take apart than the Ruger. Hi -Point recommend disassembly cleaning between 1500 -2000 rounds....Even though the hi point is a brutal looking thing it is very accurate and is happy with everything I feed it, it eats without a hitch.. Apart from the mag capacity I would say it's the better of the two carbines.
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 02-03-20 at 22:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wtm75 View Post
    I never had a firearm that required tools to disassemble for cleaning until this Ruger PCC. You damned near need a tool box to take everything apart to get to the bolt. I've always been a meticulously kind of guy as far as cleaning goes after every range session but with this carbine, I don't see that happening. I also don't want to wear out the screws from constantly disassembling it. I'm considering just cleaning the barrel only after every range session and just calling it a day and only getting to the bolt when absolutely needed. Maybe once every 6 months.

Question.... What's the longest you've gone without cleaning your Ruger PCC?
    Seemed pretty simple for me...

Feedback Score
    No matter what I clean them with, I always follow with a wipe down using "GIBBS" oil. Amazing stuff. Resists all moisture, fingerprints, rust, etc. Great for long term storage. You may want to consider getting a cleaning box here to get all cleaning items you may need
    Last edited by RonaldOO; 07-31-20 at 07:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wtm75 View Post
    I never had a firearm that required tools to disassemble for cleaning until this Ruger PCC. You damned near need a tool box to take everything apart to get to the bolt. I've always been a meticulously kind of guy as far as cleaning goes after every range session but with this carbine, I don't see that happening. I also don't want to wear out the screws from constantly disassembling it. I'm considering just cleaning the barrel only after every range session and just calling it a day and only getting to the bolt when absolutely needed. Maybe once every 6 months.

Question.... What's the longest you've gone without cleaning your Ruger PCC?
    Sounds pretty Rutgery- I have their single stack 9 that came with a fake magazine for disassembly. Their 22 until recently were hard to take apart too.

Feedback Score
    Oh, and I do like the MI forearms too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FSTRN View Post
    Not so hard. Like a 10/22 really.
    This is it, exactly.

The PCC is, in essense, a 10/22 that's been redesigned for centerfire ammo. Add a slot on both sides of the receiver for a reversible charging handle and a plastic mag well adapter and you have a PCC.

Straight blowback is great for a 10/22. Is it ideal for 9mm? Personally I think the gun is way too heavy for what it is. That's the nature of the beast for a blowback system. People are posting that they want Ruger to make a PCC in 10mm or 45 Auto, etc. All this will mean is an even heavier bolt and recoil spring. No thanks!

What I'd like to see Ruger do is come up with some sort of mechanically locked breech that would shave weight off. I'd bet they could immediately take half a pound off. It would also open the door for caliber options without simply relying on the mass of the bolt.

Down side to development is likely also increasing cost. Would people be interested in paying more for a gun that weighed a little less?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Down side to development is likely also increasing cost. Would people be interested in paying more for a gun that weighed a little less?
    I like my Ruger PCC, but would not pay more for it.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12