Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many magazines?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

How many magazines?

Let's say you have a double-stack carry pistol. How many magazines do you need to stockpile for it? Any consensus out there?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Absolute minimum of five. 2 for carry, 2 for training, and 1 spare. Around 10 is better number to "stockpile." Keep in mind mags are consumables and are intended to wear out and be disposed after enough use.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I personally like to have at least five, but more is obviously better and you really can't have too many.

I'm into the double digits with Glock and HK magazines.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Let's say you have a double-stack carry pistol. How many magazines do you need to stockpile for it? Any consensus out there?
    I think you need a minimum of five mags for any pistol you own, single or double-stack. This gets a little pricey if you have numerous pistols that take different magazines. But I feel it is the minimum.

Beyond that, I think it depends on what you are doing with your pistols as far as shooting.

Mags are disposable, I replace them as need be, if I felt that a ban/shortage was imminent I would stockpile mags for the pistols I would envision being used most.

I have over a hundred AR mags, quite frankly, I feel a little silly admitting that.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    At least 5. I have 7-10 M&P mags though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is like asking how much ammo do you need to carry? Statistically a Derringer will be plenty.

You only NEED one to be in the gun if you want more than a single shot!

However, mags are disposable. Buy however many you want

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Any handgun I own has 6 OEM magazine for it as soon as it's purchased.

After that, I bump it up to 12 if it's more than the rare range toy or 22LR.

For Glock 17/19 magazines, there is simply is no limit. I buy them whenever I am ordering something and have a spare $20 to add one in.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I have over a hundred AR mags, quite frankly, I feel a little silly admitting that.
    Nothing silly about that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I buy mags for any service gun even if just a range toy. My Walther P1 I'm fine with 1 or 2 but anything more or less current that was/is a service gun I just buy mags. No limit sometimes I'll just buy one mag for a few different guns, other times I'll buy a bunch for one gun. Just depends on price and what I feel like that day

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    ! have 2 OEM Glock magazines dedicated to daily carry and 13 OEM and Magpul for range use which allows me to have a 200 round session without have to reload at the range.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast