Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yippee! Finally! A semi auto that works out of the box!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The only firearm that's given me any trouble was a Sig P238, which I bought soon after they were released. It now runs great.

I hope your 4" group at 7 yards was fired rapidly. If not, then that's not even close to good enough for me.

You've been given good advice so far, so I'm not gonna repeat it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been pretty lucky. This is off the top of my head so I may be missing a few. Failures marked with an *

Beretta Jet Fire 22LR, 92A1.
    Browning HP, BDA 380
    Colt Pistols: Gold Cup, Government Model
    *Colt Revolvers Detective Special no problems, *Colt Trooper - Broken Trigger.
    Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail
    Glocks 18 of them no failures.
    H&R Model 650 22LR / 22WMR
    Kimber Custom, Custom Compact
    Llama 1911 clone
    Para GI 1911 (Made in Canada just before the move)
    Ruger Pistols 7
    Ruger Revolvers 3
    *Sig P226, P228, P320 All but the 320 W German and all 100%, *P229 40 that was a POS. Agency issued.
    S&W Revolvers 8
    S&W Pistols 3
    * Taurus PT something. Complete POS.
    Walther TPH, PPK, PPK/s
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    My Kimber Gold Combat has been about as reliable as either of the Colts I’ve been issued. I haven’t kept a log of stoppages, so this is a very subjective observation. That said I don’t really take 1911’s all that seriously anymore, and all 3 of those guns were less reliable than my 92’s and plastic guns.
    Way back when I went through a stage where I qualified with the .45 (Commander) and carried it on occasion. That came to an end one night during a short foot chase, I was carrying the .45 and drew under some stress - using the same draw stroke I used from the Hoyt breakfront I carried my revolver in when I wasn't being cool. Lesson learned.

That and the 'two-is-one' stuff that guys spending fortunes on Wilson, Les Baer, C&SS pistols were espousing, relegated the 1911's to range toy status for me. I primarily used the Kimber for shooting bullseye at our state LE conferences.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hahaha I bought a 4” Kimber in .40 years ago because some Highway agency issued them. Never worked and never will.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Guess Ive been lucky! The only truly"bad" pistol I've had was a FNP-45 that had a dead trigger every so often. It went back to FN twice for same issue. My confidence in it, in any role. was gone 100% at this point. Plus, I was tired about hearing how it was my fault due my ammo, grip, bad magazines, position of stars so forth and so on. It was repaired by FN after the second time then gifted, with full disclosure, to a friend who loved it from day one. He's had no issues with it and uses it as his HD gun. Go figure!!! Eons ago, I did have a brand new S&W 6904 that was giving me grief at the range from day one. On the same day, I went home cleaned it thoroughly, picked new mags, changed ammo, etc. but after a mag or two it would fail to go into battery etc. I shelved it for a while after 3 bad range outings. I was pissed as this cost me a lot back then ( I was on a limited budget!) plus it was my first "new" gun. I had only been able purchase a well used S&W revolver (Mod 10) and used Ruger MKII 22lr. I was talking to a local cop about the issues & he told me he had the same issue with a brand new S&W 5906, told me to lube it throughly and apply a coat grease on slide rails. Lightbulb moment... I had failed to lube the gun after cleaning it. All my fault, not the guns at all and, FWIW, the gun runs like a top 30+ years later!
    Last edited by GNXII; 10-14-18 at 00:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    Guess Ive been lucky! The only truly"bad" pistol I've had was a FNP-45 that had a dead trigger every so often. It went back to FN twice for same issue. My confidence in it, in any role. was gone 100% at this point. Plus, I was tired about hearing how it was my fault due my ammo, grip, bad magazines, position of stars so forth and so on. It was repaired by FN after the second time then gifted, with full disclosure, to a friend who loved it from day one. He's had no issues with it and uses it as his HD gun. Go figure!!! Eons ago, I did have a brand new S&W 6904 that was giving me grief at the range from day one. On the same day, I went home cleaned it thoroughly, picked new mags, changed ammo, etc. but after a mag or two it would fail to go into battery etc. I shelved it for a while after 3 bad range outings. I was pissed as this cost me a lot back then ( I was on a limited budget!) plus it was my first "new" gun. I had only been able purchase a well used S&W revolver (Mod 10) and used Ruger MKII 22lr. I was talking to a local cop about the issues & he told me he had the same issue with a brand new S&W 5906, told me to lube it throughly and apply a coat grease on slide rails. Lightbulb moment... I had failed to lube the gun after cleaning it. All my fault, not the guns at all and, FWIW, the gun runs like a top 30+ years later!
    Really? I run my 5906 dry as a bone. Always have. Same for when I had the 4006, 1006, 4506, 4566, 5946. They're not carry guns but never had then fail

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Really? I run my 5906 dry as a bone.
    Why’s that?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Really? I run my 5906 dry as a bone. Always have.

Why on earth would you run any gun dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Why’s that?
    I don't do it on purpose. I'm not testing reliability or anything like that. I just shoot it infrequently. There's no point in cleaning it after a few hundred rounds. So it'll sit till I shoot it next time and the process will repeat itself until I eventually clean it but in the meantime it dries out

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Why on earth would you run any gun dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whats going to happen to a stainless steel gun that gets shot occasionally?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast