Thread: FYI on NDS wait time

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

FYI on NDS wait time

I emailed NDS about the order I placed on 11/7/17 for a set of 603 receivers and a charge handle. This is the response I received in a very timely manner.

For the items that you have ordered we are currently working on orders taken in early October, 2017.
    When we are close to having available inventory for your order we will contact you.
    Thanks.

So it would seem my wait is soon over and I am very excited to assemble my first clone. I just wanted to share the latest news on where NDS is on orders.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just an update,

My NDS receivers and charge handle are in and will ship tomorrow. That makes it about one year and 3 week wait in case anyone was wondering.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIGIN View Post
    Just an update,

My NDS receivers and charge handle are in and will ship tomorrow. That makes it about one year and 3 week wait in case anyone was wondering.
    I ordered a 603 set and a charging handle on 11/15/17. I expect to be hearing from Harlan anytime now.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    when I had made an order through them when I built my 605ish clone the lower was shipped immediately (although I did black because that was the color of my upper) back on the same day brownells released the retro line72C0461B-EE09-4B20-97FC-27A3AC091B8F.jpg
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    How did the big lag time come to be? Is NoDak just swamped with orders, or is Brownells absorbing their production?
    Got one years age with little wait time; great product.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    How did the big lag time come to be? Is NoDak just swamped with orders, or is Brownells absorbing their production?
    Got one years age with little wait time; great product.
    Moon
    Nodak Spud usually takes time on their receivers as they will not release them unless they are near perfect. A 8-10 month wait is not uncommon. In the past couple years, it is taking a bit more time as Nodak Spud's forgings production is more geared toward providing them to Brownells, while still producing some finished receivers for their customers. Nodak Spud is not a large company with loads of employees, but they produce the best products money can buy. I am just over 13 months in waiting for my receivers. Harlan said that it may be January when I get them. The batch my stuff is in was being finished (deburred, sanded, and polished) and getting them ready for anodizing. According to Mike, Nodak Spud is planning on making some changes in the coming future which may take them away from selling receivers and some other products. He hinted at becoming a manufacturer for other companies. There is nothing concrete at this time being disclosed about their future plans. Everyone is in limbo. One thing they are doing is looking into production of some new products which may be indicative of their plans.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Thnx, Renegade. I'm not likely in the market for any more retro lowers (an 16A1 clone w/NOS Colt upper; got mine back when there was no problem getting the parts), but I'm mighty pleased with the one I have.
    Concur entirely; they make a great product, and happy to hear that the delay is simply more orders than they can handle.
    Moon