Thread: Hot SxS barrels

Feedback Score

Hot SxS barrels

They feel like burning.

Yea, wearing gloves works pretty well.

But I wonder if there is another way. I've never seen a SxS or O/U with a heat shield.

I was just curious if any attempt was ever made to reduce burns from double barreled guns. (Beyond gloves, which is a pretty easy answer)

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Sure.
    Usually made from leather- I had a really old one made from Sea Turtle shell (pre endangerment).

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/95...er-dark-havana

Feedback Score
    Excellent! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to add that it's not for protecting my hand while actually shooting but for when I go to reload.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Of course- burning crap out of your support hand, grabbing burning hot barrels to break the gun- makes one NOT want to grab the barrels.

Feedback Score
    I'll keep this product in mind for the future, but I decided against it, I found even thin gloves work well enough.

In addition guards only cover a small portion of the barrels.

With a good recoil pad and reduced LOP I really enjoy low-recoil slugs and buckshot from a coach gun! I wish I had a better/newer one fit for tuning. (To make barrels fall open, etc)

It's not slow to reload from the butt stock shell carrier as-is, but I could be pretty fast with a better shotgun I believe.

I absolutely believe a guy well-practiced with a good SxS could put more lead on target than a guy who is marginally proficient with a pump action.
    Last edited by Ron3; 12-06-18 at 14:14.