Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where to put pistol after getting long gun?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMike89 View Post
    Same, just a habit to build that takes less than 2 minutes to accomplish.
    2 minutes??

Bedroom safe. Duh

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    2 minutes??

Bedroom safe. Duh

Dennis.
    I keep my CCW pistol and a carbine in the smallest, cheapest Liberty rifle safe bolted to the floor in our bedroom closet in case something goes bump in the night. It has a dial lock so I just unlock it at night and re-lock in the morning. We have a toddler (granddaughter) in our home, so my wife claims she double checks the safe every morning.

Tip - the small gun safes are very easy to find for sale used for about what a StackOn gun cabinet costs and are light enough to load/unload from a vehicle with 2 people.

The safe has enough room for the pistol, carbine, accessories and a vest with mags and medical pouch in case things go really sideways.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I have a rifle by the bed, with 2 30 round mags in it. More than enough for inside the USA.

When I am outside the USA,in Africa. I have rifle by the bed, on the floor next to the rifle I have a shoulder holster with a pistol with a light mounted on it and 2 spare 21 round mags to give me 62 rounds of pistol ammo and 60 in the rifle. If I have time I would throw on the plates, that hold 3 more 30 rounders for the rifle. I also have a bug out bag that contains some energy bars, water and lots of cash, euro's , dollars, Swiss franc, and local currency plus some gold.

Feedback Score
    Before moving back to Jersey I was in NYC for about 12 years (both due to work keeping me in this area) and was up so many times reacting to perceived or real gunshots that I started taking pants/belt/holster/extra mags/keys/wallet off as one unit, laid next to bed so getting up was a matter of slipping on my jeans and buckling the belt. AR is in sneaky safe knownst only to me but is downstairs. If I felt the need to go there, has one extra mag in a slip over the belt clip and have a midway range bag with extra mags, tourniquet/first aid and other necessities while remaining smallish that just goes over the shoulder. Only two occasions where I've gone with the "full" getup in the middle of the night; one was huge group of "protesters" during the Eric Garner dustup just descended on our neighborhood and other was waking up to what turned out to be a VERY low flying NYPD helo tracking some jackwagon that was rollin dirty or some such shenanigans.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345