Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to put pistol after getting long gun?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rexster314 View Post
    My Delta Elite is under my pillow. Since we have a patio door in our bedroom, it's perfect placement for me. My AR is in the hall with either the Eotech turned on, or the Aimpoint PRO on, ready to go. If something's happening up front in the house, the AR gets picked up, bedroom area, first thing in my hand is the Delta
    Boy I couldn't do that, I have tendency to wake up fighting if startled.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I just use a shotgun for HD...

But on a more serious note, do you think you could "craft" something by attaching a holster to a 2-point sling? You could just throw the sling over your shoulder, and the holster would be on your side at every time.
    Needing a full AR mag and later on switching to your handgun in a home defense scenario would be quite strange unless you're planning to fight a busload of gang bangers or a Chinese paratrooper platoon, but if you'd feel safer with that, then go ahead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry, couldn't resist

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In order to prepare for this situation you first have to go on a tactical diet, then:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-...se-man-6476304
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    In order to prepare for this situation you first have to go on a tactical diet, then:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-...se-man-6476304
    You know that was completely uncalled for .
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker753 View Post
    I just use a shotgun for HD...

But on a more serious note, do you think you could "craft" something by attaching a holster to a 2-point sling? You could just throw the sling over your shoulder, and the holster would be on your side at every time.
    Needing a full AR mag and later on switching to your handgun in a home defense scenario would be quite strange unless you're planning to fight a busload of gang bangers or a Chinese paratrooper platoon, but if you'd feel safer with that, then go ahead.

Sounds kind of like an M3 chest holster.

Feedback Score
    I'm going with putting the pistol down right where the rifle/shotgun just was.

Feedback Score
    This sort of question is more likely to cause you to screw up since you are giving yourself another mental conundrum to solve in the middle of an emergency. If a long gun isn't convenient for bedtime, don't confuse yourself by giving yourself the option - stick with the gun you have.

No matter how alert you feel, you aren't going to be able to process things as well if you're just waking up. Dangerous home invasions are actually very rare - don't overcomplicate a simple problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
    This sort of question is more likely to cause you to screw up since you are giving yourself another mental conundrum to solve in the middle of an emergency. If a long gun isn't convenient for bedtime, don't confuse yourself by giving yourself the option - stick with the gun you have.

No matter how alert you feel, you aren't going to be able to process things as well if you're just waking up. Dangerous home invasions are actually very rare - don't overcomplicate a simple problem.
    I absolutely need to simplify some things by reducing the number of options when it comes to firearms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why? Why not just stick to one gun? I own a bunch of guns. Some collectable, some for fun but it's not like I'm going to be stuck deciding which to grab in an emergency. It's always going to be the same gun

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast