Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any downside to re-contouring a barrel into LW vs just replacing with a new one?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Who are you thinking of doing the work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John Thomas from Retro Arms Works. He did some work for me on my last upper and it was well done, plus his pricing and turn-around time were unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    MOLON used to do a lot of testing and government always outshot lightweight.

My own experience over the years, after owning Noveske skinny, Colt 6720, and several BCM ELW BFH, and ELW-F barrels shows that they don't shoot as consistently well as as government. BCM barrels are consistently at the bottom of the heap accuracy-wise. Colt and Daniel Defense are always at the top.
    Looking back through Molon's threads, I didn't necessarily see a trend towards profile so much as manufacturer. Either way, I decided not to mess with the barrel. Triarc responded to my initial email but not my follow-up, and since most here recommended staying away from the re-contouring, I'm just going to have the SF4P swapped out for a WarComp and leave it at that.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Based on your recommendation in another thread, I used John for a pin and weld on a Centurion barrel. John did an outstanding job and turned it around very quickly. Thanks for the recommendation.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    Based on your recommendation in another thread, I used John for a pin and weld on a Centurion barrel. John did an outstanding job and turned it around very quickly. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Glad he worked out for you. He responded to my email last night within an hour and it was definitely after COB for his time zone. I’m pretty confident that he’d do a great job which is the only reason it was a hard decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234