G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .44 Special ammo question

Feedback Score
    For less than the cost of most new upmarket guns, you can get into reloading. PPs have hit the nail on the head; the issue is throweight. It's still cheaper to reload 9s, but not by much, but the big boys get pricey.
    As regards point of impact, so much of the variance is in how the gun recoils. You're probably better served compensating for the difference than trying to match it among loads.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    For less than the cost of most new upmarket guns, you can get into reloading. PPs have hit the nail on the head; the issue is throweight. It's still cheaper to reload 9s, but not by much, but the big boys get pricey.
    As regards point of impact, so much of the variance is in how the gun recoils. You're probably better served compensating for the difference than trying to match it among loads.
    Moon
    I found the Precision One 240 gr fmj-fp load shoots high enough to be close to the 255 gr HCSWC loads.

I adjusted the elevation of the sights, too, to put them in the middle of the bullet weights I shoot.

My DA shooting has improved and I'm "decent" with the gun after about 600 rds. Still room for improvement.

Feedback Score
    I became a tolerable double action shot with a Smith .22 revolver and a metric chit-ton of shots at a little metal man target...same size as a half-scale B29 target. I shot it so much that it acquired a permanent bow.
    Don't be too fussy about too much precision at first, and roll the revolver thru', rather than staging it. Be satisfied with center-mass hits. But do think about getting a .22 rather than trying to learn on the .44.
    Moon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12