Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .44 Special ammo question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ejr490 View Post
    That’s a good load, I’ve used it myself.

Lately I’ve been using a 205 grain swc with 6.5 grains of Unique and it’s a pretty accurate load.

Love the 44 special.

Ed
    One reason I don't change my 44 Special load is because it shoots to exact point of aim in my two Colt SAAs fixed sight guns and my adjustable sight Ruger Old Model Flattop 44 Mag revolver that someone shortened to 4 3/4" way back when---out of my Ruger #3 single shot 44 Mag rifle, it's close to 1100 FPS, but feels like a big 22!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    Thanks. I do 9 mm, 357 mag, 44 Mag, 45 ACP on progressive stations, and I do 454 Casull, 460 and 500 Magnum on two tandem single stage presses. I have an RCBS Turret for rifle ammo with dies for 6.5 Grendel, 300 AAC, 223, 308 and 7 mm-08.

Ammo I shoot is not cheap (factory) but it’s significantly less if I reload it.

With a progressive station you can crank out a lot of your ammo for less. It will afford you more practice over the long run. Just something to consider.

It’s what I have recommended to people who shoot any volume of ammo, especially for 4x caliber revolvers.

You have a nice revolver. I’ve consider one of them. But I have a few already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Good fun with the pics. Nice collection.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    If I ever decide to get the .44 gp100 back from it's current owner with a mind to get good with it I will get another 3 in gp100 in .22 for practice.

As I think someone suggested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123