Thread: Glock factory trigger part combinations...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Glock factory trigger part combinations...

I see that there are several different possible combinations...

NY1 Trigger
    NY2 Trigger

5.5# connector
    3.5# connector

Standard striker spring
    Red striker spring
    Blue striker spring

Anyone know of any charts or data with the actual measured pull weights or take up distance and/or subjective data on feel and reset for the various different possible factory configurations?

I'm generally interested in the possibility of a heavier striker spring for better ignition and safety and am curious how that may impact things, particularly in combination with other choices from the above.

I'm specifically interested in increasing the trigger pull weight as a safety measure on a Glock 26 for IWB or appendix carry.

I have more than one glock and don't mind making one a one trick pony.

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is an 8lbs connector too which sucks. Best I can recall it is a no no to use it with NY springs.

I wouldn't screw with the striker spring other than standard.

NY springs give more of a constant pull weight like a DA revolver versus the coil spring lighter take up to heavy.

NY1 + 3.5lbs connector is 5.5 ish lbs pull weight.

5.5lbs connector with NY1 is 8ish while NY2 IS 10-12lbs range.

NY springs are allegedly less likely to break than the 5.5lbs coil, but the only 5.5 coil I have had break lasted over 15 years before snapping and even then the pistol basically kept functioning.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-18-18 at 18:43.

Feedback Score
    Ny + - connector sucks on gen 4.

6lb trigger spring with - or dot connector is my preferred.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m not generally a fan of people who answer a question other than the one that was asked, but here I go anyway.

If your primary concern is an additional layer of safety for AIWB carry, you might want to consider a striker control device—AKA “The Gadget”—from Tau Development. I have one on a Glock 26, and it works as advertised.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    There is an 8lbs connector too which sucks. Best I can recall it is a no no to use it with NY springs.

I wouldn't screw with the striker spring other than standard.

NY springs give more of a constant pull weight like a DA revolver versus the coil spring lighter take up to heavy.

NY1 + 3.5lbs connector is 5.5 ish lbs pull weight.

5.5lbs connector with NY1 is 8ish while NY2 IS 10-12lbs range.

NY springs are allegedly less likely to break than the 5.5lbs coil, but the only 5.5 coil I have had break lasted over 15 years before snapping and even then the pistol basically kept functioning.
    As long as you hold the trigger to the rear and let it reset, the gun should reset itself fine.