Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Industries Combat Sights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Midwest Industries Combat Sights

Midwest Industries Combat Sights

These back up iron sights are constructed of an aluminum base and clamp with a stainless helicoil and steel clamp screw.
    The post is constructed of phosphate finished ordnance grade steel.

These sights lock with no button required and have a positive click duel spring locking detent that prevent them from moving even under recoil.

These sights use a standard post and there for can be swapped to a night sight or any other front post you like.

The rear is a single size aperture that is between the peep sizes on a standard carry handle.

When purchased as a set a steel front sight tool is included.

Introductory pricing on these sights as a set are $149.95

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...mi-crs-set.htm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Midwest Industries was nice enough to send me a pre-release pair. The different from these, as compared to the previous MI sights is night and day. The previous set was primarily aluminum, and folded into an upright position easily, but had a small hard to reach (with gloves or cold hands) button to lay flat. The new ones have a better windage adjustment knob, are steel in the important part, and use a detent to lock up and down, meaning being hit with enough force will drop them out of lock so as not to break or bend. The new ones adjust with a standard adjustment tool, which MI send with the pair.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I also believe the newer sights lay flatter than the old MI BUIS, and most others on the market. Below is a pic showing how low it is when laying flat.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I like the fact that they use steel construction for the posts. Are these machined and finished in the USA?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I like the fact that they use steel construction for the posts. Are these machined and finished in the USA?
    Yes 100 percent Made in USA
    Thanks
    Troy.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Very nice! You guys are on a roll as of late. I see a set of these sights and one of your combat rails in my future.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I just discovered a problem with BUIS mounting an optic (Steiner M536) with short eye relief. With only the rearmost slot available for the rear sight the charging handle collides with the sides of the sight. A Matech solved that problem, but is so bulky and high in the fore section. This MI looks to be a better solution. Now finding the $$$ is the only issue.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    Looking good there Midwest. I really like the look of this rear & can appreciate the middle-ground approach as to aperture. (After all, it's a backup system & something's gone south if I'm ripping off the optic.) Small detail question, if someone has one to measure: Inside diameter of the rear aperture?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
    Looking good there Midwest. I really like the look of this rear & can appreciate the middle-ground approach as to aperture. (After all, it's a backup system & something's gone south if I'm ripping off the optic.) Small detail question, if someone has one to measure: Inside diameter of the rear aperture?
    .145 diameter
    thanks
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    .145 diameter
    thanks
    Troy
    MI
    Awesome, thank you!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast