Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Terms - Thoughts - Pedictions - Aftermath

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sort of OT but loosely tied to PC and Leftist.

Megyn Kelly had a segment on her show about Halloween Costumes. She said blackface was ok if done tastefully just for Halloween because that's the whole point of dressing up.

Apologized the next day.

Fired today. She killed their ratings when she got her show... I wonder if she was set up. "so Kelly, do a segment on Halloween, you know the sexy costumes, stupid stuff, blackface, etc.. just run with the anti-PC point"

Boom!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I know early voting makes it convenient but I still don’t like it. Leaves too much time and opportunity for the vote counts to be screwed around with.
    I would rather have early voting than absentee voting, which used to be the only choice in a lot of places. Absentee ballots are usually NOT EVEN COUNTED unless there is a need.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That's a bit of an Internet rumor. Maybe some States will hold them if needed but I know mine are counted. I can look online to see it was received and after the election how I voted.

I think CA pass a law saying they had to be counted. Pretty sure absentee votes are counted. Otherwise a -lot- of .Mil guys are getting left out. Not to mention business travelers, and just all manner of people.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    That's a bit of an Internet rumor. Maybe some States will hold them if needed but I know mine are counted. I can look online to see it was received and after the election how I voted.

I think CA pass a law saying they had to be counted. Pretty sure absentee votes are counted. Otherwise a -lot- of .Mil guys are getting left out. Not to mention business travelers, and just all manner of people.
    Arizona used to not count them until and "If" they were needed in case of a close election.
    I was a Soldier overseas for the bulk of the 1980's, so nothing I voted on counted. When I came home surprise, surprise, Arizona, at least Phoenix and Tucson became California and we now had a State Tax.

Feedback Score
    I early voted today. There was as much activity as you would typically see on actual Election Day.

The republican tent was receiving a ton of visitors for sample ballots. The single visit I saw to the democrat tent was a lady whose clothes and vechicle choice was a cliche for “move to a rural area to live out their LL Bean fantasy and be a pain in the ass.” She parked in the lane people need to drive in and out of while going to the tent instead of parking, pissing off everyone and oblivious to the fact she should have parked in a spot.

Everyone in line near me was voting republican and there because they had work, medical appointment, etc. on Election Day. Obviously a disproportionate amount of democratic voters will not have work or other productive obligations that day. So the voting pattern may be very different then.

There was an overwhelming vibe of people sick of asset redistribution, etc. to phrase it nicely.

As noted, the demographics in many states are trending towards a very different country.

Some states are seeing huge growth in non white hsipanics. Completely under-represented by say, Colombian physicians or Argentine grad students here to be net productive citizens, and vastly over represented by low skilled labor and benefit seekers that will be a significant net negative.

Also, growth in the black population is also under represented by Afro Caribbean physicians and African engineers and hugely over represented by home grown generational welfare recipients and low skilled “refugees”, again a huge net negative.

To say nothing of other targeted refugee influxes- familiarize yourself with some of those patterns if you have not.

The voting tendencies of these growing populations, combined with the various toxic goals of several progressive and leftist agendas, do not bode well.

My current opinion, combined with the last election, is like many Americans have realized we are going to hit the iceberg,
    And have georten serious. We we be able to slow down enough and turn enough to miss it, or are we just going to hit it later and slower?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...s-early-voting

NBC Admits "Blue Wave Turning Purple" As Republicans Outnumber Dems In Early Voting
    "Is the blue wave turning purple?"

While this statement might not seem like much of a concession from left-leaning NBC News, a more thoughtful analysis reveals that it's just the latest indication of a shifting political reality - one that anti-Trump news organizations can no longer afford to ignore: That, just like in 2016, Republican turnout in the upcoming Nov. 6 midterm vote is already looking to be much higher than the polls initially predicted as issues like the migrant caravan and the contentious confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh have backfired on Democrats (who had hoped they would sway moderates to vote against Republicans) and instead galvanized the conservative movement and alienated those very same moderates they had hoped to attract.

According to the latest polling data, Republican-affiliated voters are outpacing Democratic-affiliated voters in early voting in seven closely watched battleground states. This according to data from TargetSmart, which was analyzed by NBC's Data Lab. Democratic candidates have already fallen behind in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Montana, Tennessee and Texas. The only battleground state where early voting Democrats outnumbered their Republican peers was Nevada.

While early votes represent only a small fraction of the total, these data appear to confirm that the surge in interest among Republican voters reported by the Wall Street Journal last week has already translated into higher turnout at the ballot box.
    My take: The backlash from the right is building like a man slow to anger finally balling up his fist. It's clobberin' time.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So if there's a red wave these midterms, we can fully expect a whole new wave of whining and melt downs and violence from the left no doubt where they will blame everyone but themselves for the losses as they did before. I suspect these recent behaviors from the lefties will back fire on them in a major way, and they will double down in that piss poor behavior. Triggering commencing in 3..2..
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    So if there's a red wave these midterms, we can fully expect a whole new wave of whining and melt downs and violence from the left no doubt where they will blame everyone but themselves for the losses as they did before. I suspect these recent behaviors from the lefties will back fire on them in a major way, and they will double down in that piss poor behavior. Triggering commencing in 3..2..
    Notice how you're not hearing much in the MSM about the so-called caravan (or at least not the sources I listen to)? They know that whole thing is hurting them BIG TIME in the public eye.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Notice how you're not hearing much in the MSM about the so-called caravan (or at least not the sources I listen to)? They know that whole thing is hurting them BIG TIME in the public eye.
    So far, everything they've done or tried to do seems to have backfired on them from what I can gather. NPR was covering the "mass migration" today but every guest on there was sympathetic of course. I am empathetic to their causes but that's obviously not the way to go about it and they're being used by forces larger than they understand. We also send hundreds of millions to those very countries and I'd bet no one in that army of disheveled people has any idea about that.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Election day will yield an overall win for the Republicans, I worry most about 1 or 2 significant losses that may not seem that big of a deal at first, could have serious implications in the long run, mainly NV & FL and very specifically Florida. If Gillum wins and sweeps in democrat control in the Florida legislature, you will have the Curley Effect (I will be an example of that, I’ll likely be headed to the hills of Tennessee). If Florida turns perma blue, we as a nation are screwed.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast