Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Basic/KISS build

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    How is that handguard? Does it fit solid and so forth? I hadn't heard of the EZ-car before.

Edit: That's effectively the OMEGA rail no?
    For a two piece, it locks up very solid and has 4 set screws to make sure it ain't moving. It mounts up just like a set of regular old carbean handguards.

I've got one sitting on the shelf that'll probably go to the EE. Nothing wrong with it I just don't use quad rails anymore.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 10-16-18 at 19:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Basic/KISS build

Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    It locks up very solid and has 4 set screws to make sure it ain't moving. I've got one sitting on the shelf that'll probably go to the EE. Nothing wrong with it I just don't use quad rails anymore.
    For sure. I would just rather have the front of the rail that locks in too. The ez car has the 4 set screws as well. If I ever see another omega I’ll probably grab it. This was just a simple utilitarian build. This was my first try with a smooth rail and it came out well I thought. I want to say it ended up with kac flip up front sight but don’t remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    More Gucci. Noveske afghan barrel and rail, SLR titanium comp. 🤷*♂️

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajyaros View Post
    For sure. I would just rather have the front of the rail that locks in too. The ez car has the 4 set screws as well. If I ever see another omega I’ll probably grab it. This was just a simple utilitarian build. This was my first try with a smooth rail and it came out well I thought. I want to say it ended up with kac flip up front sight but don’t remember.

The EZ CAR is the one I was referring to. I've never used the Omega.

Feedback Score
    DD's Omega rail is solid. I dig mine. I can sling up highpower tight and it won't budge

LMT carbine Aimpoint.jpg

Feedback Score
    Love seeing kiss ar's like this, nicely done.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    For a two piece, it locks up very solid and has 4 set screws to make sure it ain't moving. It mounts up just like a set of regular old carbean handguards.

I've got one sitting on the shelf that'll probably go to the EE. Nothing wrong with it I just don't use quad rails anymore.
    I tried the OMEGA briefly, but the I beam contour was unbearable. I liked everything else about the hand guard.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    the I beam contour was unbearable
    I was concerned about that but surprisingly adapted to it pretty well. I use ladder covers, which keep the bulk to a minimum, maybe that helps.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    I was concerned about that but surprisingly adapted to it pretty well. I use ladder covers, which keep the bulk to a minimum, maybe that helps.
    I tried running ladder on the bottom, and Chinese LaRue knock of clips on the side to make it feel like a normal hand guard, but still couldn't live with it. Back to KAC RAS for me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I tried the OMEGA briefly, but the I beam contour was unbearable. I liked everything else about the hand guard.
    Yep I'm running skinny CAR handguards on most of my rifles these days.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast