G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vertical Stringing when Suppressed

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I agree with not ruling out barrel nut. After I thought the optic might be the problem I also thought the barrel could possibly be loose. I didn't take off rails or check the barrel nut specifically, but it feels rock solid when I try to flex it by hand. After shooting good groups unsuppressed I thought this a little less likely.

In the first picture, you can see the 3 rounds at the bottom that were shot unsuppressed that did not string.
    Read more. Post less.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Vertical Stringing when Suppressed

Vertical stringing while prone can be due to breathing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What concerns me after reading your post and the responses twice is the amount of displacement at so short a range with the suppressor on Rifle A.

Can and or have you inspected the crown of the offending rifle?

I would pull of the flash-hider and if necessary mount it again without the shims, heck might be way better without the shims. I cannot say that I am familiar with the particular device, but when firing suppressed would it in any way mater?

At such a short range I'd be tempted to throw some BUIS on and not worry about an optic acting up occasionally. Also pound some rounds down range unsuppressed first.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Could just be the gun. I had a 10.5" noveske with an 8+ moa shift out of a known g2g can. Noveske basically said the gun was a shit show and gave me my money back. Nothing was in spec basically. Not even the lower,lol

Id swap out muzzle devices amd go from there next.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12