Thread: Savage MSR 15

Feedback Score

Savage MSR 15

Savage makes these in the Patrol and Recon models. At around $650, the Patrol seems aimed at the budget/entry level crowd. Feedback seems generally positive, with accuracy being one of the selling points. Barrel is 5R rifling with Melonite treatment. My brother-in-law was looking at the Patrol for a truck gun, but he said that the Melonite was a deal-breaker (he was looking for a chromed barrel).

Would these be in the same class as the Springfield Saint?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mrgunsngear has a video on one. Outside of him, I'm not seeing many reviews from people who's reviews I trust, though admittedly I didn't dig real deep either. If they are in the same class as the Saint, it'd get a hard pass from me. My friend bought a Saint and it's hot garbage.

Another hundred puts him into Colt OEM territory and another hundred would finish it off.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Mrgunsngear has a video on one. Outside of him, I'm not seeing many reviews from people who's reviews I trust, though admittedly I didn't dig real deep either. If they are in the same class as the Saint, it'd get a hard pass from me. My friend bought a Saint and it's hot garbage.

Another hundred puts him into Colt OEM territory and another hundred would finish it off.
    Why do you trust mrgunsandgear?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Out of the popular youtube reviewers, I'd much rather watch and listen to him than most others. He actually talks about his likes and dislikes and pros and cons of whatever he's reviewing instead of the Sootch style "this is a fantastic product long live the republic" reviews.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Why was the Saint so bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Why was the Saint so bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun wouldn't run out of the box. He noticed that the gas tube was severely kinked, like something heavy was dropped on it prior to the handguard being installed. Rather than ship it to Springfield, the shop he bought it at replaced the gas tube. The detent for the rear take down pin was missing, just the spring shoved in there. The pistol grip screw was about 4 turns out. The castle not was not staked, and felt like it was barely past hand tight.

Feedback Score

He has good videos....especially on optics. I don't take everything as gospel but it's a good channel to reference before making a purchase.

The MSR he reviewed grouped pretty damn well too

Feedback Score
    Out of the popular youtube reviewers, I'd much rather watch and listen to him than most others. He actually talks about his likes and dislikes and pros and cons of whatever he's reviewing instead of the Sootch style "this is a fantastic product long live the republic" reviews.
    He is fair and not a shill. People like hickcok and scootch are bought and paid for. I also think Garandthumb and Sage Dynamics (Aaron Cowan) offer honest feedback. Akoperators Union good as well

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    He is fair and not a shill. People like hickcok and scootch are bought and paid for. I also think Garandthumb and Sage Dynamics (Aaron Cowan) offer honest feedback. Akoperators Union good as well
    Garand Thumb and Sage Dynamics are kind of in a different category, but I agree that their content is good.

I'm a longtime fan of the AK and outside of helping newbs know what to stay away from, I'm not a big fan of AKOU.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do you know something we dont?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.