Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamal Khashoggi event

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I wish we could send the White House Press Corp there . . .
    The plane would land and the would just push them out the exit with out a jet bridge or stairs....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The plane would land and the would just push them out the exit with out a jet bridge or stairs....
    There are significant fines for littering...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Missing Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi

Interesting Political Football;
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.326cc21a00e3
    Police investigating the disappearance of Khashoggi, who they believe was killed by Saudi agents inside the country's consulate in Istanbul, will begin reviewing security footage from the entrances to Istanbul's Belgrad Forest and also expect to search farmland in Yalova province about 60 miles away, Turkish media reported.
    A Turkish official confirmed that investigators had broadened their search for Khashoggi's body to “gardens” around the Istanbul area. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss details of the case.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/turkey-...ist-1539193631
    The Gulfstream jets that Turkish officials say ferried operatives who apprehended and likely killed a dissident Saudi journalist in Istanbul belong to a company controlled by Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, people familiar with the matter said.
    Turkish authorities also released on Wednesday the names and photographs of the 15 men they say were involved in Jamal Khashoggi’s suspected killing in the kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2 before returning hours later to Saudi Arabia. They included a forensics expert and a man who in 2017 was pictured wearing a Saudi Royal Guard uniform.
    Saudi officials have denied involvement and say they are assisting the Turkish investigation into Mr. Khashoggi’s disappearance. Officials didn’t respond to requests to comment.
    Mr. Khashoggi, a Washington resident living in self-imposed exile, was in Istanbul to obtain documents to marry his Turkish fiancée when he disappeared, sparking a diplomatic crisis between Turkey and Saudi Arabia, two influential regional rivals that are both U.S. allies.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/17/65805...ce-with-saudis
    Khashoggi, a critic of Saudi policy who has written for The Washington Post and other publications, has not been seen since he entered the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2. The Turkish government alleges he was murdered, a charge the Saudis have vehemently denied.
    Turkish officials reportedly hope on Wednesday to enter the Saudi consul's residence as part of their probe into the journalist's disappearance.
    Pompeo was dispatched by President Trump on Monday to meet with leaders in both countries. Trump has recently give the Saudis the benefit of the doubt in Khashoggi's disappearance, after taking a harder stance last week.
    "Here we go again with you know you're guilty until proven innocent," Trump told The Associated Press on Tuesday.
    On Wednesday, Trump spoke about the close business and strategic relationship between Saudi Arabia and the U.S. "They're an important ally, but I want to find out what happened, where is the fault, and we will probably know that by the end of the week," he told reporters.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...alist-n2529293
    Khashoggi was dragged from the consul-general’s office at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul and onto the table of his study next door, the Turkish source said.
    Horrendous screams were then heard by a witness downstairs, the source said.
    "The consul himself was taken out of the room. There was no attempt to interrogate him. They had come to kill him,” the source told MEE.
    The screaming stopped when Khashoggi - who was last seen entering the Saudi consulate on 2 October - was injected with an as yet unknown substance.
    Salah Muhammad al-Tubaigy, who has been identified as the head of forensic evidence in the Saudi general security department, was one of the 15-member squad who arrived in Ankara earlier that day on a private jet.
    Tubaigy began to cut Khashoggi’s body up on a table in the study while he was still alive, the Turkish source said.
    The killing took seven minutes, the source said.
    As he started to dismember the body, Tubaigy put on earphones and listened to music. He advised other members of the squad to do the same.
    “When I do this job, I listen to music. You should do [that] too,” Tubaigy was recorded as saying, the source told MEE.

My take;
    It's very and almost too convenient to have film evidence of the victim entering but not leaving, but to also have audio of his murder and the disassembly of the body?
    This alliance we have is shaky at best and has an awful lot to do with how we deal with a nuclear Iran. It's already stacking up against the Administration.
    I don't trust the House of Saud, but I trust Turkey and Iran even less.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Already a thread going on this one . . .

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...hashoggi-event
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    So...the theory is that either the Sauds did it to get back at Jamal for his criticism of the Royal Prince (which according to Occam's and Hanlon's Razor is the most likely), Ex-pat Sauds in collusion with Iran did it in an attempt to sow discord between the U.S., Turkey, and Saudi Arabia, or Jamal is now living in Turkey with his fiancèe and a sense of smug satisfaction that he has screwed up diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Lot's of journalist die in automobile accidents these days, look at the guy who broke the story on Gen. Petraeus's affair.

Modern automobile controls can be easily hacked.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    "I never did mind the little things...."
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    These are two “allies”, both questionable at best. This occurred on foreign soil and the victim is not a United States citizen. It may be a horrible situation but I don’t see where the pressure is on us to do something. What am I missing?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    These are two “allies”, both questionable at best. This occurred on foreign soil and the victim is not a United States citizen. It may be a horrible situation but I don’t see where the pressure is on us to do something. What am I missing?
    I wished the media would have given journalist Daniel Pearl's beheading as much attention.

Feedback Score
    The people involved in this will disappear, then after the next hollywood marxist calls for the President to be removed by any means possible and the President responds.

This story fades into history.

News flash, the Royal family stays in power through murder and rape of dissidents.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast