Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M16A4 Free Float ?'s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

M16A4 Free Float ?'s

So I have a FN & a Aero M16A4, the FN has a KAC RAS M5 rail on it and I was about to put another one on my Aero but I thought about using a free float rail instead. Just wanted some pics of some A4's with free float rails, I want to keep the FSB so pics with front sight only please. Also feedback on accuracy with free float vs KAC RAS M5.
    Thanks
    Mike

Feedback Score
    While I dont have an M16 I have a Colt with the fixed front sight. I am using a Troy Charlie free float rail that uses the deta ring and goes around the A2 sight.
    It's a bit on the heavy side but works well , when I was looking to swap out the rail I found 3 choices.
    Troy Charlie
    Daniels Defense (too expensive)
    Midwest (out of stock at the time)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The BCM QRF rail (The picatinny one) can also be used. Mr. Guns n Gear has a video on the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Anyone have pics of a free float rail installed on a A4? I searched and can not find any pics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This one has an A.R.M.S.® #59™M S.I.R.® System (NSN 1005-01-574-2540). This is the military version as compared to the commercial version Stickman is showing. It does require the removal of the Delta ring assembly, but still utilizes the standard barrel nut.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    This one has an A.R.M.S.® #59™M S.I.R.® System (NSN 1005-01-574-2540). This is the military version as compared to the commercial version Stickman is showing. It does require the removal of the Delta ring assembly, but still utilizes the standard barrel nut.

That is one bada*% rifle, but that rail probably costs more than my whole rifle! More than I can spend. But, thanks for the pic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Oddly enough, I have the mil one sitting around as well. I also have the ARMS MK12 extended rail sitting in plastic. I have a pretty good amount of strange things.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Absolutely a fantastic choice, I just don't have a 20" weapon to show it on. However, that does make me want to build one...
    Build one, you won't regret it!!

Just wanted to say I love your rifle, it puts my A2 to shame in the coolness factor.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 10-17-18 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast