Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCG question

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

BCG question

Is anyone familiar with the F1 Durabolt BCG? Is it any good? Found a deal on them but dont know anything about them and I trust most here.
    They have a Griffen Armament too but Griffen seems to stir up some controversy for whatever reason. Personally I have never used any of their stuff so I'm blind there too.
    Opinions? Should I just go with another BCM?
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Unless you have a good reason to switch,

I would not try to fix what ain’t broken.

I mainly use LMT BCG’s, however I will pick up a Toolcraft BCG when they go on sale as a spare... and same for when I find an LMT. I grab it. I stick to what I know works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What is a good deal for an unproven BCG? Why do people attempt to reinvent the wheel??

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Not trying to fix anything, doing a new build and need a bcg for it like anybody else would.
    I dont know what a good deal would be for an unproven anything. I dont know if its proven or unproven, kind of why I asked for experiences, to see if they re proven or an unknown. I'm guessing they're an unknown?
    Look, I always use BCM bcg, I was just looking to save a few IF they were a reliable bolt that's all..
    Oh, by the way, NO. I haven't bought one yet and am now asking people to make me feel better about my purchase. Something else I know all the pro's here hate. I was asking for advice on a bcg before buying.
    Last edited by BillB; 10-24-18 at 18:10. Reason: To be a smartass in return
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've never heard of them.

If you're looking for a more wallet friendly alternative to BCM, Toolcraft seems
    like a solid option. I bought my first one a few weeks ago, and expect it to work as well as my BCMs, LMTs,
    and Colts. I went the old school phosphated, chrome lined, C158 route cause there's no doubt it'll work.

Feedback Score
    The Centurion BCG’s are usually priced pretty well if you’re looking for a bargain. $125 last I looked. I would stick with the handful of proven, vetted brands. No reason to deviate. I’ve never heard of that company for what it’s worth.
    Last edited by DoubleW; 10-24-18 at 18:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can buy Toolcraft C-158 BCG's for under a hundred all day.

Why pay extra for a logo?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Why do people attempt to reinvent the wheel??
    Because if someone didn't try to reinvent the wheel, we wouldn't have tires.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

BCG question

Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Is anyone familiar with the F1 Durabolt BCG? Is it any good? Found a deal on them but dont know anything about them and I trust most here.
    They have a Griffen Armament too but Griffen seems to stir up some controversy for whatever reason. Personally I have never used any of their stuff so I'm blind there too.
    Opinions? Should I just go with another BCM?
    Well for what it’s worth most of the reviews I read - if not all complimented the BCG and had great things to say about it and how super easy it is to clean up. I’ve bought computer/audio stuff before that wasn’t my “norm”. Heck I own a FAB Defense grip. Hardly ever use it but I liked how it looked and bought it. Bottom line is that it’s your money. This is M4C. The BCG’s most of us will recommend can be counted on one hand, )only the order in which I will buy
    1. LMT
    2. Colt
    3. BCM
    4. C4
    5. Toolcraft

I’m sure someone has a 6th. Sionics maybe, probably some Kachead will herald the praises E2 X-Ray 5000 BCG (I jest, I jest)
    And it’s also great that your not seeking justification for a uninformed or ill-informed purchase. But we’re mostly gonna say what we’re gonna say. We are who we are and most of us are Big 5 (or 6) users and most of us probably won’t ever buy an F1. Doesn’t mean you can’t and it doesn’t mean it can’t last you years and years. Just because it’s not the big 5 doesn’t mean it’s not well made.

So go for it. If it’s a good deal and you want it. Worst case it sucks hind tit and best case it’s like sliced bread, but fresh. So fantastic.

Run the crap out of it and give us some feedback.

ETA: assuming you have a spare mom HD/duty type AR. If not build one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 10-24-18 at 22:04.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I would recommend AO Precision, or Toolcraft if you're on a budget. I have purchased mine from Right to Bear, and keep them for spares. Either are regularly priced below $100, and check all the right boxes in regards to specs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast