Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H3 buffer in a PWS rifle?

Feedback Score

H3 buffer in a PWS rifle?

Hello. Is anyone running an H3 buffer in an unsuppressed PWS rifle? If so, how’s it run? My Mk. 114 seems a little over gassed. I thought an H3 instead of the standard H2 might help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androctonus View Post
    Hello. Is anyone running an H3 buffer in an unsuppressed PWS rifle? If so, how’s it run? My Mk. 114 seems a little over gassed. I thought an H3 instead of the standard H2 might help.
    Ya, you'll be fine. PWS' are pretty overgassed IMO. In my Mk111 I'm running a Vltor A5H4 (6.8oz) buffer, and it still ejects at 2-3 oclock unsuppressed, with 223 spec ammo.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I just ordered an H3. Sounds like it’ll work great.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msnyder0609 View Post
    Ya, you'll be fine. PWS' are pretty overgassed IMO. In my Mk111 I'm running a Vltor A5H4 (6.8oz) buffer, and it still ejects at 2-3 oclock unsuppressed, with 223 spec ammo.
    Bit of a "fan" of theirs here, have a mod 2 16" upper that'll cycle with a sprinco red. recently got a good deal on a newer mk114 upper and it would short stroke with the red, so I put a plain old regular spring I had on hand and it wasn't doing the usual forward ejection, in fact it was at the "perfect" angle if there is such a thing. Thought I was tripping . alright, well later.

Feedback Score
    Well, I tried the PWS H3 with a PWS spring. It ran 100% with .223 and 5.56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check out this thread on the subject: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ion&highlight=

I ended up modifying the gas valve to solve the over-gassed nature of the rifle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If it’s overgassed why not is turn the gas port?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Only 3 gas ports. Two are for suppressed use and are otherwise unreliable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Only 3 gas ports. Two are for suppressed use and are otherwise unreliable.
    Those ports are designed specifically for gas tuning. If it’s overgassed, then to 2nd setting the you should be gtg (assuming you are using full power ammo) just trying to save you some money. Unless you are running suppressed, there should be no need to change the buffer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I’m already running an H3. The second gas setting didn’t cycle XM855 5.56 reliably with the H2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast