Thread: Knights LMAG constant-recoil/spring run-out operation VS AR buffer system

Feedback Score

Knights LMAG constant-recoil/spring run-out operation VS AR buffer system

https://www.knightarmco.com/12627/shop/military/lamg

"constant-recoil/spring run-out operation"

I watched where Jerry Micilek shot it and the described it as a bufferless system. Does it have to be piston operated to work? A different bolt system?

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around BCG and Buffer weight, carrier bounce and gas regulation.

It has to be more complex than just a spring set-up that has increasing resistance to near infinite resistance as travel ends. The BCG and spring combo still has to get the bolt locked up securely.

It seems pretty slick not to have something like that on ARs. Or is this kind of what happens when you ween the gas down on an adjustable gas block?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does it operate from an open bolt vs. a closed bolt?

Feedback Score
    Open. Hadn't thought about that. Was just thinking that in a complete cycle the basic moves are the same, but you are right that is different. Just watched Ian's video on it. The firing pin isn't fixed, it actually has a spring- but I guess that is to keep it to the rear until the bolt locks up and the carrier coming forward pushes the pin into the primer?

There definitely seems there is more mass than a AR BCG because of the carrier and the operating rod. (Is it still a rod when it is attached to the carrier?). That spring is looooong.

ETA: I don't know what is up with Youtube. It is all wonky on me, but I'm on a hotel wi-fi.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 10-16-18 at 20:35.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I love the weight and rate of fire...making up the lmg weight with ammo load out will make countless applications for this platform... very cool.

Feedback Score
    Jim Sullivan has been working this out for a while.